newby questions for yoda

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

I just wanted to share some nice experiences and correct some misconceptions. I might just have a general travel experience thread.
What country are you in? I forgot (so many new users) but I think the more opinions, the better. I like the idea of a "General Travel Experience".. I've found that some people look for stereotypes to validate what they already believe in, or what someone else believes in.

Then again, I'm sure people can come up with generalizations based on eye color or something else that has little meaning.... I think someone's "Top 10" movies says a lot more about someone than the spot their ancestors had sex.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I'm in Aus, Matt, but I've travelled a bit and I know some other people on here have as well. Just waiting for all the oscargate hoo haa and excitement to drift off into cyberspace before I get a thread going.

I thought it was a good idea if I dont say so myself because I certainly have a lot of stupid and often irrelevant questions.

I should have put my makeup question and smoking in here as an irrelevant question but what the hey, that thread was always going to be trouble so thought I would gently derail That's how I roll.

Question - how do you mke those smilies. That one is still cracking me up.

Nah, I think you have the right idea: this thread, given the forum its in, makes sense more for technical questions, or queries about how things generally work. That's most useful to others, too, I'm sure.

I just realised the other day when the question faery ws knocking on my brain I was going to take over the shoutbox so PING, this thread was born. Hallelujah and pass the awesome sauce.

Ha. The question faery heard me mention her name.

Do you guys make an Oscar post mortem podcast?

Nah. Not a bad idea by any means, but scheduling for three people can be tough, and I'm a bit of a perfectionist about most of the editing, so each one can be pretty draining. It's worth considering down the line if I ever streamline the process a bit more, though.

Wow I didnt realise you put that much work into it. I thought that was all a smooth run.

What country are you in? I forgot (so many new users) but I think the more opinions, the better. I like the idea of a "General Travel Experience".. I've found that some people look for stereotypes to validate what they already believe in, or what someone else believes in.

Then again, I'm sure people can come up with generalizations based on eye color or something else that has little meaning.... I think someone's "Top 10" movies says a lot more about someone than the spot their ancestors had sex.
Done. Thanks, Matt.

Wow I didnt realise you put that much work into it. I thought that was all a smooth run.
To be fair, it would probably be 80% as good if I put in less than half the effort, but I find myself almost constitutionally incapable of doing that. For now, at least.

If you enjoy it that's what counts. I certainly enjoyed listening to it.

I'm disappointed Leslie didnt make an appearance.

I'm new here, just signed up a couple days ago. I'm curious as to how to post full sized images, like in the "What movie are you watching tonight" thread. I plan on doing some reviews and I'd like to include some stills etc between paragraphs, if I'm able. Of course, I don;t want to overload, either, so if it's overkill, one picture a thread will be fine.

I'm new here, just signed up a couple days ago. I'm curious as to how to post full sized images, like in the "What movie are you watching tonight" thread. I plan on doing some reviews and I'd like to include some stills etc between paragraphs, if I'm able. Of course, I don;t want to overload, either, so if it's overkill, one picture a thread will be fine.
A couple ways. Simplest way to to copy the URL in an IMG tag, like this (without asterisks):

[IMG*]http://www.somesite.com/image.jpg[/IMG*]

If you don't have the URL for an image (because, say, it's on your hard drive), you can upload it somewhere. Either to a third party site (I recommend www.imgur.com), or to our site by clicking on the Manage Attachments button (or the paperclip icon).

If you upload it to our site, note that it'll just show up as a thumbnail. There is another tag for embedding that automatically, too, but it's a bit more involved, and I'm working on a way of making it automatic, so for now, might be best to go with the above options.

Hope that helps. If not, feel free to ask for elaboration on any point.

Very cool, thank man! I appreciate it!

Going forward, I'm sure I'll figure out how to keep my posts efficient, too.
A couple ways. Simplest way to to copy the URL in an IMG tag, like this (without asterisks):

[IMG*]http://www.somesite.com/image.jpg[/IMG*]

If you don't have the URL for an image (because, say, it's on your hard drive), you can upload it somewhere. Either to a third party site (I recommend www.imgur.com), or to our site by clicking on the Manage Attachments button (or the paperclip icon).

If you upload it to our site, note that it'll just show up as a thumbnail. There is another tag for embedding that automatically, too, but it's a bit more involved, and I'm working on a way of making it automatic, so for now, might be best to go with the above options.

Hope that helps. If not, feel free to ask for elaboration on any point.

Very cool, thank man! I appreciate it!

Going forward, I'm sure I'll figure out how to keep my posts efficient, too.

I'm new s well. Takes some fancy footwork to figure out a new format if you're used to something different but it's very smooth once you work your way around. Hola. Dive in.

They're very helpful around here when you have newb question.