Rauldc14's Top 119 Films

→ in
Tools    

92. Witness for the Prosecution
That's an excellent movie and one of the best courtroom themed movies. My favorite is, Judgement at Nuremberg (1961) which Neiba nominated for the WWII Hof and it came in at #1

Jackie Brown and 12 Angry Men are both fantastic films. I'm with Camo in thinking that the first 3 are his best, though I'd disagree that it's his best executed. It's about 20 minutes too long for a start.
My biggest problem with Jackie Brown is its ending. I've always found the ending where SPOILERS! ...... Jackie Brown kills Samuel L. Jackson's character.... very underwhelming. Very quick and over with. Very to the point, very undramatic. Anyone else feel that way?

My biggest problem with Jackie Brown is its ending. I've always found the ending where SPOILERS! ...... Jackie Brown kills Samuel L. Jackson's character.... very underwhelming. Very quick and over with. Very to the point, very undramatic. Anyone else feel that way?
I thought Jackie Brown was among Tarantino's best work. I liked the dynamic between Grier and Forster a lot. I never noticed the quick kill of Jackson's character, or feeling rushed. I did feel that way in "No Country for Old Men" with Brolin's character (blink and you miss it). I'll have to watch Jackie Brown again.

Two great films. Greatest courtroom dramas of all time? Have we forgotten A Few Good Men?
I'm with "The Verdict". That ending...with the phone ringing endlessly as Newman sits there stewing in his newfound dignity.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
91. Best Years of Our Lives

This is Wyler's masterpiece to me. I've grown pretty fond of his films. Here's what I had to say for it in the ninth hall of fame, which it took home the top prize for:

The Best Years Of Our Lives

An even better and more rewarding movie experience the second time around. I love how we see the struggles of the three main lead men as they try to figure out their life's after they see how the world has adjusted in their absence. In many ways, their families had sort of moved on without them, so it is quite difficult for them to adjust. William Wyler does a fantastic job of telling such a touching story. What I am most impressed about is the emotion that he gets out of his actors and actresses in the film. It feels like these events are real and that the people are real. To go hand in hand with that, the acting is phenomenal. I really thought Dana Andrews and Teresa Wright had amazing chemistry together, and Fredric March, Harold Russell, and Myrna Loy were all fantastic. This is easily becoming one of my favorite movies of all time. Glad it was nominated as I've thought about nominating it before as well.

+

90. The Last Picture Show

An excellent piece of filmmaking with great performances all around. Ben Johnson, Jeff Bridges, Chloris Leachman, and Cybill Shepard were all great. A lot of credit goes to an excellent screenplay as well. This is one of my favorite films from a decade I haven't watched a whole ton of. I just feel in love with it on my first watch.

89. Hitch

One of my favorite Rom Coms, a genre I actually don't mind. So sue me. I think it's funny. Kevin James and Will Smith work well off one another.

Now that was unexpected haha. I saw it in the cinema on a date when it just came out and didn't like it, haven't seen it since.
It's been on all my 100s so far

Yeah, I didn't realize you loved Hitch either. I thought it was a good time at the theater. I am a sucker for Kevin James though. Almost as much as for Carell.

I really need to see Last Picture Show again, been years and I don't remember it.