MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2017 Signups

Tools    

After this draft, Ill tell you all about a dream I had last night. To tell it now would tip my hand

A system of cells interlinked
Man, when you add OBP into the mix, the rankings change up quite a bit. Pushes some guys that are towards the end of R1 up towards the top!

MFW someone forgets or almost forgets a draft, implying they aren't looking forward to it for weeks on end each year:

There's a private vote going on right now to remove me from the league, isn't there?

The TONGO Method

Well let me tell ya bout it!

I actually was having a very cinematic dream last night. It had all sorts to do with a Pixar movie, the movie theater, a new way of ahowing movies, and a finish to the dream which ran like the plotline of Dog Day Afternoon. Somewhere in the midst of the dream the movie theater screen was playing highlights from the Rays games last season, and on that big screen was Evan Longoria, and how they were talking it was his turnaround year. It was like a random insert, then the screen went on about the Pixar movie again.

When I woke I knew, I knew it was a sign So I nabbed him, maybe 1 rd earlier than he wouldve gone (idk), not necessary cause I already had Kyle Seager (hes on the block ), but you just cant let those moments pass without action. They may never come again.

Course it couldve just been a part of a dream.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
In before raul realizes he forgot the draft and then implies his season is over before it started.
Didn't forget, just no human way possible I could wake up. It's like my version of 2 AM. Thought I could do it but when the time came there was no way in hell.

Believe Banknotes Harper drafted this guy. Eric Thames, now the 1B for Milwaukee- his highlights from Korea, good for a laugh (edit: in a good way, I like Thames)

I think I feel good about my draft. I stuck with the idea of taking someone on offense and then pitching every other turn, and followed thru. Balanced, and recognizable names on each side. Lot of guys with great upside.

Sean won Yahoos Best Drafter thingy, but the 2017 Naturals may surprise.

C Wilson Contreras
1B Anthony Rizzo
2B Dustin Pedroia
3B Kyle Seager
SS Dansby Swanson (who?)
OF Nelson Cruz (I remember this guy ffrom 2 yrs ago when my squad was awesome)
OF Marcell Ozuna (Maybe he'll hit a full season now)
OF Carlos Beltran
UT Evan Longoria (dream motivated, possible "sign" * see post above)
UT Jacoby Ellsbury
BN Melky Cabrera
BN Ben Revere

SP Noah Syndergaard
SP Jon Lester
RP Seung Hwan Oh
RP Wade Davis (Always wanted Wade as a closer, former Ray who became elite after he became a closer)
SP Zack Grienke (maybe will turn it around)
BN Jeff Samardzija
BN Dallas Keuchel (maybe will turn it around too)
BN Joe Ross (great upside)
BN Nick Vincent
BN Hector Rondon (great for Ks)
BN Alex Cobb (sentimental hadda)

I probably could have targeted better pitchers on retrospect, more dominant in K's, but I didnt - oh well! The point is I do not have to be #1 or #2 in Ks to win it all, just strong. The mistake of chasing Ks from 2 years ag, which dismantled my awesome squad, will not occur again. Redemption fueled, striving for possibility, its "game-on" boys'

Weirdly, I don't really see any teams that look clearly better (or worse) than the others. Lots of question marks everywhere.

If I had to pick one, I'd probably pick sean's as the best right now, though Yahoo liking it makes me less confident in that, since that's got a terrible track record.

Since Sean has a terrible track record the last few years I definitely wouldn't trust it.

I agree, league looks very balanced. No surprise with the Mofo league where we have very engaged owners. Should be a fun year.

Believe Banknotes Harper drafted this guy. Eric Thames, now the 1B for Milwaukee- his highlights from Korea, good for a laugh (edit: in a good way, I like Thames)

Yup, I got him. I have no idea what to expect from him this year. The FanGraphs projections think REALLY highly of him this year so I thought I'd give him a shot.

I agree that it looks like a lot of parity this year. Working Title and D&D maybe stood a bit to me, but it's easy to see any of us having good seasons.

Follow-up on Thames: It's too bad we don't play "HR celebration quality" as a category, because he'd be a top contributor in that stat.

Follow-up on Thames: It's too bad we don't play "HR celebration quality" as a category, because he'd be a top contributor in that stat.
Yeah I was going to post the same thing about the celebration jig antics of his and that teammate, great stuff. I wonder if they kept it up with all 47 homers. Even though it wasnt MLB pitching, he could be good for 30 HRs I think.

I agree that it looks like a lot of parity this year. Working Title and D&D maybe stood a bit to me, but it's easy to see any of us having good seasons.
Hm. I thought I drafted more noteworthy. Maybe that Dansby Swanson guy will surprise.

You have a good team too, Tongo