Hollywood Stock Exchange

Tools    

"..I know the TRUTH.."
A few years back I was heavily addicted to this hollywood stock exchange hustle where you could buy, sell, and trade actors/actresses, and movies like stock. It was crazy addictive (I won't get into the times I set my alarm to be awake for a movie IPO on Saturday mornings). In my extreme boredom tonight I visited the site and saw that it was still going strong (although I was visiting it based on a desire to check out it's new xhtml/css site design). It's still goin' strong. I don't need a new obsession in my hustle right now, but, it appeals to me as a learning tool to get acquainted with stock and fund trading. Anyone down with HSX.com?

"..I know the TRUTH and I don't have to be what you want me to be.." -Muhammed Ali

Ground Control To Major Thom
The BBC website has something which sounds like the UK equivalent (without going to HSX to check) called Celebdaq which I used to do. I have not gone anywhere near it in the last 18 months or so. You start out with £10,000 and when you get to £1 million it gives you a symbol to show your millions and resets you back to £10,000. This is to stop you making good financial gains on the smallest of movers.

The trick was to make sure you did not go over £1 million on a Friday at the close of business otherwise on Monday you'd be back at £10,000. Then you can quickly go through £1 million at the beginning of the next week and try to get to £2 million before the following Friday.