Scottish film ca 2000s help

Tools    

Looking for the name of a Scottish film, either set in Glasgow or Edinburgh, about troubled kids. I'm not exactly sure of the time frame, it's definitely in the 2000's. I kind of quit the film at the time because I needed English subs owing to some pretty wild slang and excessive mumbling, but it looked amazeballs and now I've hung a wild Scot long enough to maybe attempt it again sans subs. Except now I dn't ****ing know what the thing was called! A google search helpfully brought up some short films about homophobic bullies, and that's not it.

I have! I tend to watch all his films (edit: that I can get hold of, that is!). He's most defnitely in my top 10 film makers, and pretty high up. My opinion of him is mighty.

I have! I tend to watch all his films (edit: that I can get hold of, that is!). He's most defnitely in my top 10 film makers, and pretty high up. My opinion of him is mighty.
What is your favourite of his? I've only seen five or six i think.

What is your favourite of his? I've only seen five or six i think.

The Wind That Shakes the Barley. It affected me quite deeply, gave me goosebumps, the works. 10/10

The Wind That Shakes the Barley. It affected me quite deeply, gave me goosebumps, the works. 10/10
Good film. I'd go:

01.Sweet Sixteen
02.I, Daniel Blake
03.The Wind That Shakes The Barley
04.My Name Is Joe
05.Kes
06.The Angels Share

Need to see more.

Good film. I'd go:

01.Sweet Sixteen
02.I, Daniel Blake
03.The Wind That Shakes The Barley
04.My Name Is Joe
05.Kes
06.The Angels Share

Need to see more.

I haven't seen I, Daniel Blake yet. I'm quite behind on 2016 films.

May I be cheeky suggest The Navigators as your next Loach?

I haven't seen I, Daniel Blake yet. I'm quite behind on 2016 films.

May I be cheeky suggest The Navigators as your next Loach?
I've never really been aware of that one. I'll watch it soon.

Riff-Raff is the one that i've not seen that i hear about most.

I've never really been aware of that one. I'll watch it soon.

Riff-Raff is the one that i've not seen that i hear about most.
Jeeez that one's amazeballs too. Although I DID say I have an incredibly high opinion of him, I DO think that I'm not being too overtly fangirly (in that OMG HE CAN DO NO WROOONG!). I don't think I've ever seen a **** film from him. There was one I didn't care awfully much about, but it was still bloody good.