Commentary on Commentary

Tools    

My life isn't written very well.
I recently encountered something that I thought I'd share with you all, perhaps get your thoughts on the subject.

A friend of mine bought the Zucker Brother's helmed "Top Secret" on DVD. I've seen the film at least a dozen times, but not yet on DVD, which includes commentary by the filmmakers. My problem is that my friend started giving away bits of what was said on the commentary, and I became aggitated because I wanted to discover what the directors were saying for myself.

My question is: Is giving away what is said in DVD commentaries, to someone having not yet heard it for themselves, the same sin as giving away major plot points, or scenes from the movie itself?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

No.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I See You When You're Sleeping
What??? ohh my god r3! Is that a real question???? ha ha ha! my face is stunned but chuckles are flying out!

answer = No!

if you told him to shut up and he didn't then you should've smacked him i on the other hand LOVE to hear the ending of a movie/book before i see it...the jucier it is the more it will make me want to watch it or read it

Get off my island
Originally posted by r3port3r66
I thunk it was a valid question!
Sure, if you don't think about it before asking it But it's nowhere near the same league. unless, like n7of9 you actually like it happening

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

Had to bump this. I wanted to recommend two commentaries for relaxing.

1) Wim Wenders for Paris Texas - a soothing nightcap to fall asleep to. Works fast! Better than Robitussin.

2) Paul Giamatti and Thomas Hayden Church for Sideways - because it's the coolest commentary I've heard. Very respectful of each other and you can tell they admire each other's work and thoughts.