Aaliyah

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I'm sure pretty much everyone has heard by now. I feel asleep with the TV on last night, and I thought that I dreamt I was watching MTV news and saw this. Its sad really. She was a great singer and was becoming a fairly good actress. Usually when a celebrity passes on I always feel its a pity and a shame it happened, but with Aaliyah I feel actually sad. She was only 21 years old. Tis a sad day.

22, actually. I didn't believe this at first. My brother (or stepbrother...I forget which) came into my room while I was still half-asleep and in bed, and told me she was killed in a plain crash. I didn't believe him -- not even for a second. He was one of the people who sort of fell for those other hoax death stories, and told me Steve Burns from Blue's Clues had died of a drug overdose...but sure enough, I visit Yahoo.com this morning, and it's true.

I'm very surprised. It's a shame -- she seemed like a very decent person.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
i'm sad too. she was a warm, quiet soul and private she may have been and not known in person to us, but young, talented, and with so much to give and do and succeed at, it's godawful when such a life is cut short. she was doing big things. she was going to do even bigger.

i went to look this up. i didn't believe you guys either, at first. seems like things like this keep happening. princess di ... george kennedy ... msnbc news has an article on aaliyah:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/619571.asp

i didn't even realize she was doing Queen of the Damned. the title role, too. man. that really really sucks.

She was also heading to film a music video, I believe, and I'm fairly sure she was due for a role in The Matrix: Reloaded, which she may or may not have begun work on already (I'm not sure).

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
This is one of those...no no it can't be true things. But alas, it is. I first saw the headline and was like HUH..it's too bad that we lost a great performer, and a decent actress. One of the bad things about this is it was a Cessna...and they make em where I live. Not saying that if you plan on buying a plane you should stear clear, but planes are 50/50 anymore. They're about as safe as a car or a train, or bus. Anything can happen. She will truley be missed...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

That's not really true. Planes are still 100s of times safer than automobiles -- or at least, that's what I've heard from maybe a dozen different places. The only difference is that famous people fly around a lot, and as a result, those types of crashes are a big deal. How many people are usually in a car? 1 or 2...in a plane, you've got 100...so I guess it only SEEMS as if planes are highly dangerous.

I once rode on a small plane in the philippines with Pigsnie, it was the scariest ride of my life. We were only 10 people, I dont know if it was a Cessna, but it shook so hard & went up & down with all the airpockets that I screamed like a girl for 40 minutes & hung on to Pigsnies ear until I almost tore it off. I will never ride on a little plane ever again, I dont care if you pay me a million bucks.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
yeah, she was slated to do an appearance in the Matrix 2.

Rock God
that's so sad. i liked her a lot, just because she was one of those celebrities that seemed like she was really going places. i'm always bummed when someone died like that. i still miss phil hartman, farley, joey ramone.... there are too many taken too early. RIP

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Yea. I've seen the MTV News thing about her about 30 times, they keep playing the same clip. It's from her MTV Diary, and her saying how much she loved life and how she wanted to be remembered. If you haven't seen it yet, watch MTV News at 50 past the hour.