Best tarantino movie in your opinion

Tools    

Jackie Brown, and it's not even close.

As a general rule, I like Tarantino a lot less than most of my movie-loving friends. I find his dialogue (which most people adore) sounds incredibly fake to my ear. I love that he loves movies, but the more I go back and catch up on older movies (like Blind Woman's Curse), the more I'm like . . . "Oh, he just . . . took that shot." Also, I don't think that he's a good actor, and he insists on being in all his films. Bro, no. Still, I've never regretted seeing one of his films in the theater.

I'd rank the films of his that I've seen like this:

Great
Jackie Brown

Really Good
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill Vols 1 & 2

Okay
Django Unchained
Inglorious Basterds
Death Proof
Reservoir Dogs

Reservoir Dogs followed by Pulp Fiction.

Seems to me we already have a thread like this. Because we have been asked this question before.

Jackie Brown, and it's not even close.

As a general rule, I like Tarantino a lot less than most of my movie-loving friends. I find his dialogue (which most people adore) sounds incredibly fake to my ear. I love that he loves movies, but the more I go back and catch up on older movies (like Blind Woman's Curse), the more I'm like . . . "Oh, he just . . . took that shot." Also, I don't think that he's a good actor, and he insists on being in all his films. Bro, no. Still, I've never regretted seeing one of his films in the theater.

I'd rank the films of his that I've seen like this:

Great
Jackie Brown

Really Good
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill Vols 1 & 2

Okay
Django Unchained
Inglorious Basterds
Death Proof
Reservoir Dogs
I hate jackie brown. I think it is with kill bill 2 and death proff my two least favorites. But I agree with you. I only became a cinephile 2 months ago so I haven't watched a lot of movies (I'm only at around 200) and I always heard of Tarantino but so far he disspaointed me. He is not bad by any means but he is not the GOAT like many let you believe

Tarantino is still a favorite of mine although he isn't nearly what he once was. While I agree with Takoma about His dialogue to some degree, it does range from theatrical to quite stilted I still like it and I consider his films so fantasy like I can accept that. I would rank them

Pulp Fiction- Still one of the most game changing electric films ever
Kill Bill vol. 2- Not as well written or deep as...well almost all his other films this just fills my inner kung fu nerd with pure delight.
Jackie Brown
Kill Bill vol. 1
Reservoir Dogs- This one has some painfully stilted dialogue like Takoma mentioned but it's still really entertaining
Death Proof- My first exposure to wild movies was going to the drive-in waaay too young with my friend and his older sister. I loved stuff like this, great homage.

Django Unchained
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood- Man was this great until that Manson alternate reality scene at the end! pretty much ruined it for me.
Hateful Eight
Inglourious Basterds- The only Tarantino film I actually don't like at all. Other than Waltz's performance and some nice tense scenes it was horrible to me.

I hate jackie brown. I think it is with kill bill 2 and death proff my two least favorites. But I agree with you. I only became a cinephile 2 months ago so I haven't watched a lot of movies (I'm only at around 200) and I always heard of Tarantino but so far he disspaointed me. He is not bad by any means but he is not the GOAT like many let you believe
Jackie Brown is, for lack of a better word, his most "mature" film, in my opinion. Setting aside the fact that it focuses on characters who are just literally older than you usually see (how often do you see a thriller with a 50 year old female lead?), it's just generally less sensational than most of his other films. I think that both Grier and Forster are excellent in their lead performances. I never get tired of the way Michael Keaton plays Ray Nicolette (he also plays this character in Out of Sight).

The film is adapted from an Elmore Leonard novel, which is what I think gives it a different feel from Tarantino's other films. I'm always shocked that there are people who don't like it (though if you look at a site like IMDb the consensus is generally pretty positive).

Whether you like Tarantino overall or not, he does have a knack for creating iconic moments or lines, things like the "Stuck in the Middle with You" sequence from Reservoir Dogs, the "Say what again!" exchange from Pulp Fiction, the costuming in Kill Bill, the opening sequence in Inglorious Basterds, etc. I don't think he's greatest of all time, but I do think that he's made a strong stamp on popular culture.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I would say Inglorious Basterds and Django Unchained are my most favorite.

Reservoir Dogs and Death Proof are my least.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Rules
No Duplicate Threads
If you're new, and want to start a thread, use the search page to see if something on the topic already exists. If it does, post in that thread, rather than starting a new one. You can safely assume that we've covered most of the broader topics by now.

Note: some exceptions may be made if the existing thread is exceptionally old, or a new slant is being put on the topic.

Thread closed.