Which is your favorite Charlton Heston film?

Tools    

Favorite Heston film?
5.88%
1 votes
The Ten Commandments
17.65%
3 votes
Ben-Hur
35.29%
6 votes
Touch of Evil
17.65%
3 votes
Planet of the Apes
0%
0 votes
El Cid
11.76%
2 votes
The Big Country
0%
0 votes
Will Penny
11.76%
2 votes
The Agony and the Ecstasy
17 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
Favorite Heston film and why?

(please don't bring politics into this by the way- discuss purely from a cinematic standpoint)

I love all those films in the poll...I think Chuck is a highly underrated actor. My choice isn't on the poll, it would be Soylent Green.

Never had the least desire to see a Charlton Heston movie.

This might just do nobody any good.
Never had the least desire to see a Charlton Heston movie.
There’s a “cold dead hands” joke somewhere here...

I love all those films in the poll...I think Chuck is a highly underrated actor. My choice isn't on the poll, it would be Soylent Green.
One of the choices is in your top 10, and that would be my choice.

Favorite Heston film and why?

(please don't bring politics into this by the way- discuss purely from a cinematic standpoint)
The Agony and the Ecstasy. I say this all the time about films but it's yet another one I like that I haven't seen for years. I watch very very little now. All I can remember about it is liking the part where Michelangelo decides to look at the people around him in order to represent the characters on what will become the Sistine ceiling.

Ben-Hur would be second. Excellent film.

If it was a movie then Ben Hur. But if it was only his acting Agony and Ecstasy. I voted for Ben Hur though.

The truth is in here
I love Charlton Heston. I agree he's kind of an underrated actor. He gets his fair share of respect, but not as much compared to other stars of the period.

I've only seen three movies where he has a significant role (one of them being Beneath The Planet Of The Apes), but my favorite so far has to be Soylent Green. A truly classic dark science fiction piece.

Some of the movies I want to see the most is The Ten Commandments, Ben-Hur and The Greatest Show On Earth.

Of course he was also in The Three Musketeers and The Four Musketeers playing Cardinal Richelieu. It's odd really as Christopher Lee could no doubt have played the part – instead he was the henchman, Rochefort.

I don't know that I've seen a lot of his films, but certainly would admire him in The Ten Commandments. Didn't really enjoy this movie as a child, but I think I was too young to fully appreciate it- saw it recently on tv and thought it was excellent.

And I'd forgotten about Soylent Green. Yes, very good. Ah....well .....I think I'll mosey over to the tv and turn on the cooking channel now

Soylent Green would be mine, too.

Soylent Green would be mine, too.
For me, it's not the sci fi elements or story line of Soylent Green that impresses so much, but...the relationship between Heston and his again friend Edward G Robinson and the realization of things lost.

My favorite film which Heston was in, is Touch of Evil.

As far as his best performance in a film, he showed his range in The A & A, and Soylent Green. Ben-Hur wasn't too shabby either..

~Doc

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I voted Agony and Ecstacy. Not for him but because I loved the book. I've never been a fan. I guess he was too busy playing with guns to take acting lessons...