The MoFo Personal Pictures Thread

Tools    

⬆️ Awww, such a sad face.

You ready? You look ready.
⬆️ Awww, such a sad face.
I can either smile and not look at the camera, or not smile and look at the camera. I cannot do both.

I am all about the vintage.

I copped that chore coat off eBay the other day. It even has a removable wool liner.

I wasn’t crazy about it at first but I mainly got it for range days. But I dunno. It is really growing on me. Might even win out as my new favorite jacket.

⬆️ What is a “chore coat”?
It's a French designed garment that now has deep roots in blue collar America.

“The French workwear jacket was first designed towards the end of 19th century, when high-quality clothes were being made for workers when industry started to develop. The tools and machines became bigger, and manual labourers needed tough clothing. By the beginning of the 20th century the purpose changed slightly, to offer customers the best-quality clothing possible because they wanted to keep and care for their clothes for many years."

I can't recall what it was originally called but it got the name chore coat from all the America blue collar workers that used it during manual labor. It is also referred to, by Carhartt, as an engineer coat as they were often worn by train engineers alongside their overalls.

Common characteristics are heavy/stiff fabric, multiple oversized pockets, point collar, and a straight bottom hem.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

A system of cells interlinked
Sad news folks. Our good buddy Mortimer has passed on. He was also known as Bert, Shmert, Beebert, Shmorty, and Kitty Gar-smeet-bo-tot.

Morty lived to be 18 years old, bringing my family years of joy and companionship, He will be greatly missed.

So sorry to hear Seds, he's a cutie and it looks like he had a happy life though.
Did he leave a map to the hidden treasure?

So sorry to hear Seds, he's a cutie and it looks like he had a happy life though.
Did he leave a map to the hidden treasure?

He left us a box full of pop rocks with a bunch of brownies in it. Not sure if I agree with the recipe, but I will tell you how we liked it the next time we sit down to watch a film with some snacks.

He also bequeathed his many attempts at fashion design. He covered all our black clothing with fur, which I am sure he thought would be dashing.

Sorry about the gallows humor, but it helps a bit.

Bert had what the vet thought was perhaps a tumor in his head, and was suffering from kidney problems, as well. It was time.

When we arrived at the vet, they informed us that some people just drop their pets off to be euthanized. Wow. I just can;t imagine doing that. Lisa and I held him and looked into his eyes as he went, as we wanted him to know he was loved all the way until the end. Man, that stripped us to the core something fierce, but we didn't want him alone in a cold room with some stranger.

Godspeed, Bert!

He left us a box full of pop rocks with a bunch of brownies in it. Not sure if I agree with the recipe, but I will tell you how we liked it the next time we sit down to watch a film with some snacks.

He also bequeathed his many attempts at fashion design. He covered all our black clothing with fur, which I am sure he thought would be dashing.

Sorry about the gallows humor, but it helps a bit.

Bert had what the vet thought was perhaps a tumor in his head, and was suffering from kidney problems, as well. It was time.

When we arrived at the vet, they informed us that some people just drop their pets off to be euthanized. Wow. I just can;t imagine doing that. Lisa and I held him and looked into his eyes as he went, as we wanted him to know he was loved all the way until the end. Man, that stripped us to the core something fierce, but we didn't want him alone in a cold room with some stranger.

Godspeed, Bert!
As long as those brownies are actually brownies I'm sure they'll be luvverly

I know gallows humour can help hence my quip about the treasure map. As you may or may not remember we sadly lost our oldest earlier this year. Unfortunately we were in full lockdown over here at the time and there was no choice other than to say goodbye to him at the door of the vets - something which absolutely broke my heart as I couldn't be with him letting him know he was loved right to the end The poor guard at the Garda checkpoint on the way home probably wished he hadn't had to stop us to ask the reason for our journey.

Who knows, maybe Bert and PF will be friends up in puddy heaven - requiescat in pace both xx

When we arrived at the vet, they informed us that some people just drop their pets off to be euthanized. Wow. I just can;t imagine doing that.
It’s what my husband & I have always done. But I won’t do it again. I’m not sure that people “drop off” their pets - sounds like they’re leaving their dry cleaning. They take the pet in, but for whatever reason cannot bear to stay. I can relate to this.

This has been cowardly behavior on my part & will not happen again.

It’s what my husband & I have always done. But I won’t do it again. I’m not sure that people “drop off” their pets - sounds like they’re leaving their dry cleaning. They take the pet in, but for whatever reason cannot bear to stay. I can relate to this.

This has been cowardly behavior on my part & will not happen again.
Oof, here I am with my foot in my mouth. I guess I didn't think that through very well before posting. I didn't consider that some people would be too distraught, which seems totally obvious now that I think about it. I'm an ass!

Sorry about that!

Same goes to anyone else who has had to deal with leaving their pet at the vet.

Oof, here I am with my foot in my mouth. I guess I didn't think that through very well before posting. I didn't consider that some people would be too distraught, which seems totally obvious now that I think about it. I'm an ass!

Sorry about that!

Same goes to anyone else who has had to deal with leaving their pet at the vet.
Gee, I wasn’t chastising you. Especially at such a devastating time. It is brave of you to do this & it’s the right thing to do. But I can’t imagine how painful it must be to see one’s beloved animal go over the rainbow bridge.

Gee, I wasn’t chastising you. Especially at such a devastating time. It is brave of you to do this & it’s the right thing to do. But I can’t imagine how painful it must be to see one’s beloved animal go over the rainbow bridge.
I was chastising myself, don't you worry!

I just sort of realized what I said was crass and thoughtless, is all.