MoFo Movie Roulette

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
@Claireofthemoon

I'll post 3 choices and let you choose one. Hopefully you haven't seen any of them.

Perfect Blue
Blue Ruin
Calvary

Suspect's Reviews

Let the night air cool you off
[/center]
Just took a gander at my lab partners faves. Oof, seen one and heard of just three of them. I'll go with a Lars Von Trier, Gaspar Noe or a Takashi Miike.
Lars Von Trier films I've seen: Antichrist (love it)
Gaspar Noe films I've seen: none apparently
Takashi Miike films I've seen: Audition (really good), Ichi the Killer (I hated it at the time), and 13 Assassins (pretty solid)

Ok Allaby we have to pick for each other. Let's do it
@cricket

Here are 3 choices to pick from:

Córki dancingu/The Lure (2015)
The Color of Pomegranates (1969)
Sundays and Cybèle (1962)

@John Dumbear

I know nothing about you, so you'll have to forgive me if my choices for you are underwhelming. I don't know what you have access to or what lengths you are willing to go for a film, so I'll do my best and hope you are willing and able to find and enjoy my curations for you.

Choice one: Black Girl (1966) by Ousmane Sembene because I think African films should be more seen in general, and because it's a really short feature. I believe it's on the Criterion Channel, HBO Max, and you can rent it on YouTube in HD for like four bucks. And those are just the legal routes of finding it.

Choice two: Pit Stop (1969) by Jack Hill because it's free in HD on YouTube, I recently watched, enjoyed it thoroughly, and I don't think too many people have seen it. Click here to see it.

Choice three: Shoplifters (2018) by Hirokazu Koreeda because it might be the best film of the previous decade. It's on Hulu.

Hopefully one of those three will appeal to you. Like I said, I know nothing about you, so I'm basically just choosing three films I like and hoping something will grab you.

Hot Tip for picking movies for me: I'm really picky about what I watch I don't like extreme violence. I'd love to give everyone's choice for me a
I have a review thread that might help and I've been in a lot of HoFs too.

Lars Von Trier films I've seen: Antichrist (love it)
Gaspar Noe films I've seen: none apparently
Takashi Miike films I've seen: Audition (really good), Ichi the Killer (I hated it at the time), and 13 Assassins (pretty solid)

I'll nominate "Dancer in the Dark", "Nymphomaniac Vol.1(didn't really care for Vol.2)' or "Dogville".

Me, love good dark comedy.

@John Dumbear

I know nothing about you, so you'll have to forgive me if my choices for you are underwhelming. I don't know what you have access to or what lengths you are willing to go for a film, so I'll do my best and hope you are willing and able to find and enjoy my curations for you.

Choice one: Black Girl (1966) by Ousmane Sembene because I think African films should be more seen in general, and because it's a really short feature. I believe it's on the Criterion Channel, HBO Max, and you can rent it on YouTube in HD for like four bucks. And those are just the legal routes of finding it.

Choice two: Pit Stop (1969) by Jack Hill because it's free in HD on YouTube, I recently watched, enjoyed it thoroughly, and I don't think too many people have seen it. Click here to see it.

Choice three: Shoplifters (2018) by Hirokazu Koreeda because it might be the best film of the previous decade. It's on Hulu.

Hopefully one of those three will appeal to you. Like I said, I know nothing about you, so I'm basically just choosing three films I like and hoping something will grab you.

"Shoplifters" looks like something I'd like. So I'll fork over the $3.99 to rent it. I'll watch it sometime before the weekend.

@cricket

Here are 3 choices to pick from:

Córki dancingu/The Lure (2015)
The Color of Pomegranates (1969)
Sundays and Cybèle (1962)
Ok that's very interesting, I'll look them up.

Edit: you get just pick one for me if you like because I haven't seen any of them.

What are your likes/dislikes?

I like a lot of films in the Criterion collection. I like classics, a good character driven independent drama, but I also enjoy a good fun comedy, or entertaining action or a good horror film. I can enjoy a family or animated movie too. Favourite directors include Hitchcock, Scorsese, Spielberg, Bergman, Kubrick, Tarantino, Fincher, Nolan, Allen, Coens. I like films from all over the world, old and new.

I'll nominate "Dancer in the Dark", "Nymphomaniac Vol.1(didn't really care for Vol.2)' or "Dogville".

Me, love good dark comedy.
I think I'm gonna go with Dancer

Edit: you get just pick one for me if you like because I haven't seen any of them.

All 3 are 10/10 all time favourite of mine. The Lure is a really interesting Polish musical horror film about mermaids, The Color of Pomegranates is very surreal and original, Sundays and Cybèle is a beautiful haunting French film about an unusual friendship between a ex-soldier and a 12 year old girl. You can't go wrong with any one of them.

I like a lot of films in the Criterion collection. I like classics, a good character driven independent drama, but I also enjoy a good fun comedy, or entertaining action or a good horror film. I can enjoy a family or animated movie too. Favourite directors include Hitchcock, Scorsese, Spielberg, Bergman, Kubrick, Tarantino, Fincher, Nolan, Allen, Coens. I like films from all over the world, old and new.
Ok I'll give you 3 random favorites of mine. Pick 1 that interests you and that you have access to.

The Broken Circle Breakdown
Les Miserables (1935)
Pather Panchali

I'll see which of yours I have access to

All 3 are 10/10 all time favourite of mine. The Lure is a really interesting Polish musical horror film about mermaids, The Color of Pomegranates is very surreal and original, Sundays and Cybèle is a beautiful haunting French film about an unusual friendship between a ex-soldier and a 12 year old girl. You can't go wrong with any one of them.
I'm going with Sundays and Cybele

Ok I'll give you 3 random favorites of mine. Pick 1 that interests you and that you have access to.

The Broken Circle Breakdown
Les Miserables (1935)
Pather Panchali

I'll see which of yours I have access to
I've seen Broken Circle Breakdown (great film, 9/10) and Pather Panchali (excellent film, 9/10). I haven't seen Les Misérables (1935), so I will watch that one.

The Lure is a really interesting Polish musical horror film about mermaids, .
The next forum wide countdown should be the Top 100 Polish Musical Horror Films About Mermaids