My Netflix DVD queue is empty! I need some good movie recomendations!

Tools    

Raw is still available on Netflix if i am not wrong. You can give that a try if you haven't. Art of Loving was fun.

Bump...it's October 19th and my Netflix queue is empty again, help! I need MORE movie suggestions.

If you suggest a film that I might like, I'll watch it and review it on my review thread. I'm mainly looking for newer films from the 2000s on.

I generally don't watch: Hollywood block busters, animation, superhero movies, graphic violence.
List of what I've watched and rated

Your guys recommendations that I'll be watching: Update in red

The Last Five Years (2014) by gbgoodies Haven't seen it yet.
Thelma and Louise (1991) by HashtagBrownies Loved it

Iron Sky (2012) by Theophile Dug it!

3 Women (1977) by Siddon Damn interesting!

Please Stand By (2017) by Stirchley Neat film!

This might just do nobody any good.
1980’s but Once Upon a Time in America is up.

@Citizen Rules, Lean on Pete, Phantom Thread, The Killing of a Sacred Deer, American Made, Stronger are a few movies I’ve enjoyed lately. Each one is excellent.

Glad you enjoyed Thelma & Louise. Seen it a million times. I love movies that grab you right away & take you on a journey.

@Citizen Rules, Lean on Pete, Phantom Thread, American Made, Stronger are a few movies I’ve enjoyed lately.
Thanks...I've seen Phantom Thread and liked it pretty well. I didn't care for Lean on Pete...

American Made & Stronger might be interesting. I'm undecided.

I was sure you would like Pete. A flawed movie, for sure, but very good IMO.

American Made is worth watching just for Tom Cruise doing his own airplane flying. I’m watching Stronger as we speak & it’s a brilliant performance from Jake. I’m gonna read the book too.

"There Will Be Blood"
I'm still torn as to if There Will Be Blood is a great movie... or not.
It's certainly got some great and memorable scenes (so epic that they'll go down in movie history) and the acting was good!
But in between the couple of memorable scenes it felt like a bore-fest!
It's kind of like a really boring movie that ends with a bang (whereas a lot of really gripping movies, sadly fizzle out near the end).
This is why I'm torn.

But now I'm in the mood for a milkshake!

For Rules:

Since you don't like Superhero movies, have you ever seen The Crow (1994)?
Hard to call it a superhero movie per se, but it is based on a comic and is just an all around epic flick (it fits in well with the Halloween season).
As a comic geek I do like superheroes and I like them sci-fi based - I don't care for supernatural comic book heroes, so I shouldn't like The Crow (was never attracted to the comics) but I really like the film version.
The sequels are forgettable mostly owing to the death of Brandon Lee - killed during filming of the first movie. The star's death in reality adds to a certain irony considering the lead character's story and the film's plot.

I think I recommended The Last Voyage (1960) to you - based on the sinking of the Andrea Doria - since we both like ship movies! Did you see that one yet?

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but my last post made me think of another fantasy film that can never happen -
Brandon Lee's The Crow vs. Heath Ledger's The Joker! Now that would be an iconic battle of face paint!
I think I'm about to have a geek-gasm just thinking about it!

I think I recommended The Last Voyage (1960) to you - based on the sinking of the Andrea Doria - since we both like ship movies! Did you see that one yet?
I've seen There Will Be Blood, I can't really remember it, except I thought it was OK. Nope not seen The Crow, it does look kind of interesting, so maybe...But The Last Voyage, yahoo! I don't want it is about singing ships but movies based on that are often my favorites. Which is odd as I've been on a lot of ships! I find The Last Voyage and will watch it real soon. I'm excited, it looks good and I never had heard of it before.

Have you seen The Wreck of the Mary Deare We've might have talked about that before. I really liked it and reviewed too. It has Charlton Heston in the lead.

I've seen There Will Be Blood, I can't really remember it, except I thought it was OK. Nope not seen The Crow, it does look kind of interesting, so maybe...But The Last Voyage, yahoo! I don't want it is about singing ships but movies based on that are often my favorites. Which is odd as I've been on a lot of ships! I find The Last Voyage and will watch it real soon. I'm excited, it looks good and I never had heard of it before.

Have you seen The Wreck of the Mary Deare We've might have talked about that before. I really liked it and reviewed too. It has Charlton Heston in the lead.
Yes, that one's on my list (love ship movies)!

Not to give too much away about the Last Voyage, but unlike most ship movies that focus either on the overall disaster (like A Night to Remember) or following an ensemble cast (think Poseidon Adventure), this move kind of focuses on one family and their particular dilemma as the clock ticks down. I'd compare it more to either of the movies titled Titanic which mostly follows one family or one couple, but it's not like those either. It's a nail-biter from that in-between movie era where the 50's was giving way to the 60's!

I like the Crow - not sure if it's for everybody - but it's kind of the comic book movie for people who hate superhero movies. I shouldn't like it because it's got things I dislike: supernatural heroes, ghost stories, lots and lots of "dark" shots, people being all "goth"!
But it is still an action flick - it's quite violent, it's a revenge film, you get to see bad guys get theirs, and there's still a bit of sentimental stuff at its heart. Overall, a very satisfying crime-fighting movie that does not rely on a lot of special effects or CGI.

Have you seen Young Mr. Lincoln?

I would recommend:

Tiger House with Kaya Scodelario. It's a creative home invasion thriller.

and

Thumper came out last year and was a really intense and realistic drama/thriller about drugs.

Judging by your lists section, there's still a lot of iconic films you've yet to see, so that might be an easy way to fill out your DVD queue. I think you might need to be temporarily removed as our 30's Countdown host until you've seen City Lights, since that's essential viewing. Hell, you might have to be revoked of your MoFo membership altogether until you've watched Chinatown. If I could recommend just one film to you, it'd be Paper Moon, which I guarantee you'll love.

It's difficult for me to recommend modern films to you since I feel like you're turned off by many aspects of modern filmmaking, or at least a lot of the content found within them. Mud is one of my favorites from this decade that I think you might like. It's a coming-of-age film that's sort of a modern retelling of Huckleberry Finn.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!
1980’s but Once Upon a Time in America is up.
I might watch that someday, but the 3.5 hour run time is a bit of a challenge.

Have you seen Young Mr. Lincoln?
I haven't, sorry to say. I want to and I will as I plan on watching all the movies on the 1930s Countdown.

I would recommend:
Tiger House with Kaya Scodelario. It's a creative home invasion thriller.
and Thumper came out last year and was a really intense and realistic drama/thriller about drugs.
Thanks but I hate home invasion movies and I hate intense thrillers. I don't like feeling the emotion of tension and anxiety while I watch a film. I'm sure those are good but nope.

You gotta see if you can get TerrorVision (1986) on there. Best bad movie ever made.
Could be, could be!

Judging by your lists section, there's still a lot of iconic films you've yet to see, so that might be an easy way to fill out your DVD queue. I think you might need to be temporarily removed as our 30's Countdown host until you've seen City Lights, since that's essential viewing.
ha! I do love Chaplin's silent films that I've seen so far, so can keep hosting I do want to see City Lights.
Hell, you might have to be revoked of your MoFo membership altogether until you've watched Chinatown.
Be meaning too. I probably have seen bits of it on TV over the years but I don't recall it.
If I could recommend just one film to you, it'd be Paper Moon, which I guarantee you'll love.
I've seen that, but soooo many decades ago that I didn't cross it off my movie list, so that I would watch it again. I suspect I'd love it too.

It's difficult for me to recommend modern films to you since I feel like you're turned off by many aspects of modern filmmaking, or at least a lot of the content found within them.
That's true, especially in the last year or two I haven't really liked any new movies. But I did like a bunch of 2016. It seems to me that after 2016 movie styles have changed.

Mud is one of my favorites from this decade that I think you might like. It's a coming-of-age film that's sort of a modern retelling of Huckleberry Finn.
I've heard of that. That might work!