I am going to watch at least one film from each country in 2018...

Tools    

Please let me know if you guys have anymore suggestions! Looking for films of countries with less of a film industry especially!

Thanks.

Sauidi Arabia: Wadjida (2012)

Never seen it but it looks like it should be good.
Actually already seen this one. But thank you, it was a pretty good movie.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
This looks like an underrated masterpiece.
Yeah it does, doesnt it. And that's coming from a viewer who is not overly huge on animation.

Here are four you could classify as light entertainment (which may be to your taste or not) and are fairly accessible on video:
"The Gods Must Be Crazy" from South Africa
"Dance With Me" (Also known as "Because of You" ) from Japan (Better than the American version, I think.)
"Antboy" from Denmark
"The College Girl Murders" (AKA "Der Monch nit der Peitsche") -West Germany (from 1967)
The latter two are just campy fun. The first two include a bit of culture, though I'm not an expert on South Africa or Japan so I can't say how accurate they are.
There are so many great British films that I doubt you need much help there.

SERGEI M. EISENSTEIN / RUSSIA
BATTESHIP POTEMKIN

I have finally got around to watching this film! I had already heard so much about this but I definitely was not dissapointed.

I don't know if I am going to continue this because it feels like I am going to get into the habit of forcing myself to catch up and keep up with this - rather than watching certain films because I want to in that moment. I am still going to continue to explore more and more world cinema but I don't feel that this is completely the best way to do so. What do you guys think? Do you want me to continue?

If something is stopping you from enjoying cinema, that's something to think about. I wouldn't fault you for not continuing with this if that's the case. Funnily enough, I know exactly what you're getting at (or I think I do). I can be obsessed with a cinema and watching a few movies a day but when I have to commit to it for a thread or whatever, it becomes a challenge because then it's a task. That's just me, but if that's what you're going through then I don't think anyone should have a problem with you stopping - as long as that's what you want.

Ilo Ilo (2013)

Not sure if you have a film from Singapore lined up yet but this one towers above any other I have seen. A delightful story, beautifully acted and giving a pretty good idea of Singaporean life and culture.

Weird is relative.
What I've been doing lately is creating lists (I use IMDb) of films I want to watch, using specific themes. I'm not going to force myself to go through and view everything methodically, because I want the freedom to check out other movies as well if I randomly come across them.

So, I'll watch whatever I feel like choosing from my compilations, then go in a different direction, then check the list again, etc. This makes me feel that I am still completing my objective, but without restraints. If I don't finish everything within this year, it's not a big deal, because I'll still be exploring cinema, and I can go back to the watchlists later.

I've also been mindfully selecting more and more films from various countries, and I agree that it would be cool to be able to say I had seen at least one movie from every country that had ever produced one (or that which had the director/actors/location in the country, but was produced elsewhere, if that was the only option).

This might inspire me to start my own new list. :P