The Positivity Blog

Tools    

When bringing in the mail today there was the usual junk and bills.
I remembered the thought "expect a check." And I found one envelope that contained a dividend from PSE&G (this was a stock that my grandfather - who died in 1967 when I was three - left to all his grandchildren, so it was split up among all my cousins).
The check was for $6.00!

Had an odd day because I slept for a lot of it, but I did go downtown and bought some movies. Found some good stuff too. Haven't done that in a while.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I replied this thread.

Stopped on the way home to buy kebabs for our brunch. Said thank you in Turkish to the owner and he gave me a dozen baklava gratis and with a huge smile. Such a win win feel in the current climate of fear. Lovely man

Ripped. Gahhh thumbs up

I am still in the library and very tired, but I am about to leave. I managed to increase my dissertation wordcount by about 800 words which I am very happy with.

I slept for a great deal of today but I went to university, had my dissertation tutorial (which went quite well) and I am going to eat and get ready for the library again now for another of my long sessions with my friend.

I still have half of my halal wrap left from yesterday. Joy. Taking a photo and sending it to the wannabee Trump clone politician in my country.

I went to the bank (deposited my check from yesterday for $6.02!), got my oil changed, got gas and picked up my suit from the cleaners for my niece's wedding this weekend - paid a grand total of $61.95 and did it all in under an hour!

A reminder about kindness: Practicing kindness has been shown to release serotonin (a neurotransmitter that contributes to feelings of well-being & happiness) in the brain of the person acting kindly. But this natural chemical is also released in the brain of the recipient of the kindness when they realize kindness has been shown to them and in the brains of anyone witnessing acts of kindness. Thus, kindness can be reciprocal and contagious!

It is definitely contagious.

LOL at your $6 cheque.

A solid day at work. Looks like I finally filled a position I have been trying to for a couple months. Got to talk to my boys thus afternoon and they are having a great spring break. Probably going to check out Paterson tonight which I have been looking forward to for a long time.

Probably going to check out Paterson tonight which I have been looking forward to for a long time.
Enjoy!

------------------

I went to a surprise birthday party of a friend of mine today. I couldn't drink too much, because I was driving, so I had some good and funny conversations without overdoing it. A very relaxed evening.

Now I'm back at home, listening to some Bob Dylan, before deciding on what I'm going to watch tonight.

Life is good!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
while cracking jokes about the joys of being old Cap Steel was cool enough to let me know about this thread - loved reading this, truly made me smile and appreciate the little things going on around me, here at home, before heading out to work. YAY

Forgot to post here yesterday. Had a good day walking with my buddy. We decided his family needed a blu-ray player for his upstairs TV, and I realized I had both a blu-ray player and a PS3 and didn't need both, so I gave them the blu-ray player. I also gave money to a couple people on the streets who needed it. I like doing stuff like that, so it made for a good day in my book.

That's awesome, swany. Win win.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I agree. There's a lady that is down on her luck that we see once or twice a week at a corner near us. If we've been shopping or stopped at a shop we're give her something to eat if we don't have any cash on us.
It IS a good feeling. BRAVO Swan!

Forgot this yesterday. Been a fairly uneventful two days of the work week. Yesterday I found a nice big concrete birdbath on Craigslist for $40. That'll go on the stump where I took a tree down last year. The Bruins clinched their first playoff birth in 3 years, and there's a good NBA game to watch tonight when the hometown Celtics take on Cleveland.

I hd garlic spaghetti for breakfast, now I can breathe all over my dentist this morning ehehehe

I agree. There's a lady that is down on her luck that we see once or twice a week at a corner near us. If we've been shopping or stopped at a shop we're give her something to eat if we don't have any cash on us.
It IS a good feeling. BRAVO Swan!
Awesome. I do this as well.

Been a really stress free week, which is exactly the way I like it. My kids came back a day early so getting to spend the evening with them. Life is good.