The Positivity Blog

Tools    

I'm Anthony, a Frenchman in France.
This day has been another interesting day.
I went to a professional event this morning. I got interesting informations and I spoke for a long time with a guy who's helped me consider a new possibility for my career. Food for thought.

Nice day until I came home & husband was furious at me for something. Funny because I passed a guy on my street who was yelling at a woman & I came home to the same thing.

Met a homeless couple outside the supermarket this morning. Very young & very polite. They had their female pit bull with them. Lovely dog. I told them I would bring them a supermarket gift card when I was done shopping that they could use in the store. When I came out about 30 minutes later, they were gone. Annoying. Really wanted to help their dog at least since it wasn’t the dog’s fault they were all homeless.

Nice day until I came home & husband was furious at me for something. Funny because I passed a guy on my street who was yelling at a woman & I came home to the same thing.
Why was your husband yelling at you?

Why was your husband yelling at you?
Because he lost something & said I threw it away (I may have, by mistake). Doesn’t take much to set him off.

I have been thinking a lot recently about how I have been leading my life. Since around September 2015, although I have been getting along with my studies and getting along OK academically, I have slowly become less ambitious for the most part. I have been watching fewer and fewer films, and have been losing interest in such productive hobbies and instead, partying much more frequently, and heavily etc. etc. My education is doing fine in terms of grades but I feel I have been learning very little. A positive to come of this, though, is that I feel that I am changing now, and becoming more interested with my hobbies again... and I am going to do what I can to retain this.

I am now doing a Masters in Filmmaking and actually starting to learn new things. My skills aren't nearly as good as others in my class but I have space to learn, and want to learn more and more. I am making a documentary and although I am worried about the logistics of everything so that everything comes together well, I am excited to make a proper start on it and see what I can do.

I am also planning on getting a membership card for a local cinema that allows me to watch as many films as I like at a monthly fee which should be fun and will allow me to keep up to date with the latest films.

So... although I haven't really been feeling all that great recently, and having quite a low self-esteem, I think a positive I would like to share with you all is that I honestly think that this can change. The new year is coming up and I am ready to get right back on track right now.

Things can definitely change for you. Take one day at a time & live in the moment. Tomorrow is a new day!

Things are continuing to go well for me and I am definitely becoming more focused. Today I helped out on set for an interview with a filmmaker from 104films which proved beneficial. I am also going to get an unlimited cinema pass starting January which I am excited about.

Patriots won (again) yesterday so discounted Dunkin coffee. Walked downtown to a fave location, but darn place was closed. Idiots! Next year post on your website that location is closed on January 1. Thank goodness another fave location was open. One degree F. in Connecticut today so was frozen on my daily walk.

Opened my new calendar today & Amazon had sent me the wrong one. Spoke to customer service (in India!) and received a UPS return label for it even though the return window was closed, which will get me a full refund. They will send me a new calendar free of charge, which will arrive Wednesday, for which there will be no s/h or postage charges. Been with Amazon since day one & cannot fault their customer service.

Remember to always concentrate on what you have, not what you don't have