Plan B: My Top 100 Favorite Movies of All Time

→ in
Tools    

100. Shaun of the Dead (2004)

"Next time I see him, he's dead."

99. Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (1981)

"My life fades. The vision dims. All that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos. Ruined dreams. This wasted land. But most of all, I remember the Road Warrior. The man we called 'Max'. To understand who he was, you have to go back to another time. When the world was powered by the black fuel. And the desert sprouted great cities of pipe and steel. Gone now, swept away. For reasons long forgotten, two mighty warrior tribes went to war and touched off a blaze which engulfed them all. Without fuel, they were nothing. They built a house of straw. The thundering machines sputtered and stopped. Their leaders talked and talked and talked. But nothing could stem the avalanche. Their world crumbled. The cities exploded. A whirlwind of looting, a firestorm of fear. Men began to feed on men. On the roads it was a white line nightmare. Only those mobile enough to scavenge, brutal enough to pillage would survive. The gangs took over the highways, ready to wage war for a tank of juice. And in this maelstrom of decay, ordinary men were battered and smashed. Men like Max. The warrior Max. In the roar of an engine, he lost everything. And became a shell of a man, a burnt out, desolate man, a man haunted by the demons of his past, a man who wandered out into the wasteland. And it was here, in this blighted place, that he learned to live again..."

98. Rebel Without a Cause (1955)

"You're tearing me apart!"

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
100. Shaun of the Dead (2004)
99. Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (1981)

98. Rebel Without a Cause (1955)

"You're tearing me apart!"

I haven't seen Shaun of the Dead or Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior, but Rebel Without a Cause is a great movie. It's a shame that James Dean died at such a young age. It's heartbreaking to think about what might have been if he had lived to make more movies.

Shaun Of The Dead is hilarious, Rebel Without A Cause is good as well.

97. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

"Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it!"

96. The Lego Movie (2014)

"Darn, darn, darn, darny-darn!"

95. The Killing Fields (1984)

"The wind whispers of fear and hate. The war has killed love. And those that confess to the Angka are punished, and no one dare ask where they go. Here, only the silent survive."

94. Iron Man (2008)

"I had my eyes opened. I came to realize that I had more to offer this world than just making things that blow up."

93. Hotel Rwanda (2004)

"There will be no rescue, no intervention for us. We can only save ourselves. Many of you know influential people abroad, you must call these people. You must tell them what will happen to us... say goodbye. But when you say goodbye, say it as if you are reaching through the phone and holding their hand. Let them know that if they let go of that hand, you will die. We must shame them into sending help."

92. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011)

"Harry Potter, the boy who lived... come to die. Avada Kedavra!"

91. Goldfinger (1964)

"My dear girl, there are some things that just aren't done, such as drinking Dom Perignon '53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That's just as bad as listening to the Beatles without earmuffs!"

90. Ghostbusters (1984)

"Why worry? Each of us is wearing an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back."

89. The Fugitive (1993)

"Alright, listen up, people. Our fugitive has been on the run for 90 minutes. Average foot speed over uneven ground barring injuries is four miles per hour. That gives us a radius of six miles. What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, hen house, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at 15 miles. Your fugitive's name is Dr. Richard Kimble. Go get him."

88. Finding Nemo (2003)

"Just keep swimming."

87. The Deer Hunter (1978)

"Stanley, see this? This is this. This ain't something else. This is this. From now on, you're on your own."

86. Dazed and Confused (1993)

"Alright, alright, alright."

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I haven't seen a lot! Rebel Without a Cause is the best one so far!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

97. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

"Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it!"

The Nightmare Before Christmas was one of those movies that after the first time I watched it, I couldn't decide if I liked it or not. I knew that I didn't dislike it, but I wasn't sure if I liked it either.

I have since watched it numerous times, and it's become one of my favorite movies.

96. The Lego Movie (2014)

"Darn, darn, darn, darny-darn!"

I recently watched The Lego Movie for the animation list, and I was surprised at how much I liked it. I was expecting a childish movie that was aimed at selling toys to kids, but it was a great movie.

94. Iron Man (2008)

"I had my eyes opened. I came to realize that I had more to offer this world than just making things that blow up."

I haven't seen Hotel Rwanda or Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, but Iron Man was a great movie. Robert Downey Jr. was perfectly cast, and IMO, it's one of the best of the superhero movies.

91. Goldfinger (1964)

"My dear girl, there are some things that just aren't done, such as drinking Dom Perignon '53 above the temperature of 38 degrees Fahrenheit. That's just as bad as listening to the Beatles without earmuffs!"

90. Ghostbusters (1984)

"Why worry? Each of us is wearing an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back."

89. The Fugitive (1993)

"Alright, listen up, people. Our fugitive has been on the run for 90 minutes. Average foot speed over uneven ground barring injuries is four miles per hour. That gives us a radius of six miles. What I want from each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, hen house, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Checkpoints go up at 15 miles. Your fugitive's name is Dr. Richard Kimble. Go get him."

Three great movies.

88. Finding Nemo (2003)

"Just keep swimming."

I haven't seen The Deer Hunter or Dazed and Confused, but Finding Nemo is one of my favorite animated movies. IMO, Ellen DeGeneres as Dory steals the movie.

93. Hotel Rwanda (2004)

Of all of your movies, Hotel Rwanda is the most impacting on your list. It's NOT a typical Hollywood style 'edge of you seat' thriller. It is riveting and emotionally engaging. A film that I always remember.

From what I know of the events in the Rwanda genocide, the film is true to those events as told from the view point of a person who was there. If people haven't seen this film, they should.

Good start, nice to see a bit of variety in a list. If your user title is anything to go by, we've got some good stuff coming up.

Although I hope you didn't use that Goldfinger quote because you agree with it

Good start, nice to see a bit of variety in a list. If your user title is anything to go by, we've got some good stuff coming up.

Although I hope you didn't use that Goldfinger quote because you agree with it
I assure you I did not.