Most Popular Movies on MoFo?

Tools    

Hypothetically, let's say we were to have a new MoFo Top 100 list. Which films do you think would appear at the top? My guesses for the top ten:

1) 2001: A Space Odyssey
2) The Godfather
3) Pulp Fiction
4) Taxi Driver
5) Psycho
6) Jaws
7) Goodfellas
8) Star Wars
9) Persona
10) The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

And a damn good list, too.

Just going from top 100 lists i've read on the site i'd say.

1.The Godfather
2.Taxi Driver
4.Pulp Fiction
5.Goodfellas
6.Star Wars
7.Psycho
8.Lord of The Rings
9.Jaws
10.Mulholland Drive

Granted I am much more a Kurosawa fan then Bergman. I have heard great things about it. I would hope that if a new MoFo 100 is made Rashomon or Seven Samurai makes the top ten.
I wouldn't be too surprised, especially in regards to Seven Samurai. I think the shifting tastes on the site since the last time a Top 100 was done would make for a very interesting list.

I wouldn't be too surprised, especially in regards to Seven Samurai. I think the shifting tastes on the site since the last time a Top 100 was done would make for a very interesting list.
I was not around for the 2010 one, so it would be cool to be a part of a new one.

Another movie that is particularly popular on the site There will be Blood. IDK about the top ten, but defiantly worth a notice

I was not around for the 2010 one, so it would be cool to be a part of a new one.

Another movie that is particularly popular on the site There will be Blood. IDK about the top ten, but defiantly worth a notice
I wasn't either, and given my list obsession I'd have a field day with a new one

Blood is definitely Top 20 material. As is Eternal Sunsine and Mulholland Drive. Hell, while I'm at it...

11) Apocalypse Now
12) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
13) The Empire Strikes Back
14) Mulholland Drive
15) Seven Samurai
16) Raiders of the Lost Ark
17) There Will be Blood
18) Fight Club
19) The Big Lebowski
20) Dr. Strangelove

It depends on the methodology. If ranking plays a major role, then love-them-or-hate-them films, or films with a small but very fervent following, will do fairly well. If it's more about breadth of popularity (not particularly weighted by the order of the submitted lists), then you'll get a fairly different outcome.

i consider it a fantastic day when someone puts movies like Halloween (1978), Dawn of the Dead (1978), the Thing (1982), and a Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) ahead of the pulp fictions and 2001 a space odysseys of the world

so the day would be that much more spectacular when MOFO collectively did such a thing. although everyone shouldn't think alike, so i'm not holding my breath

ahead of the pulp fictions and 2001 a space odysseys of the world
How many are there?

So then you liked quite a few of my selections.
indeed. in fact, after i saw Dawn of the Dead '78 on your list i knew i made a mistake leaving it off mine. if i re-did my list now Dawn of the Dead would crack the top 10

I also dug the fact that classic sci fi like Forbidden Planet made your list.
haha, parts of it are so goofy, yet fun to watch in a dark room. same with time machine '60

ahead of the pulp fictions and 2001 a space odysseys of the world

How many are there?
haha, that was me being an a$$ and grouping two movies i'm not crazy about into a clump of super-highly-regarded movies i don't care to watch again. apologies

indeed. in fact, after i saw Dawn of the Dead '78 on your list i knew i made a mistake leaving it off mine. if i re-did my list now Dawn of the Dead would crack the top 10

haha, parts of it are so goofy, yet fun to watch in a dark room. same with time machine '60
I like Forbidden Planet quite a bit. Not as much as you, but it is a classic in more then one way. Classic sci-fi and a re imagining of Shakespeare's The Tempest. And it has the late great Leslie Nielsen in an early pre Airplane serious role.