R.I.P. singer Meat Loaf

Tools    

I have no words - his sad passing has taken them all from me
Requiescat in pace Michael!

His name was Marvin Lee Aday. His name was Marvin Lee Aday. His name was Marvin Lee Aday.

Godspeed like a Bat out of Hell.

"The singer and actor, real name Michael Lee Aday, had been outspoken about COVID, specifically railing against vaccine mandates, the outlet said." [NY Post]

A big shame that so many people are like this. ^

Meatloaf on climate change: “I feel for that Greta. She has been brainwashed into thinking that there is climate change and there isn't. She hasn't done anything wrong but she's been forced into thinking that what she is saying is true.”

A Big shame that so many people are like this ^

I feel sad for his family.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I wish Yahoo (and people in general) could let him rest, instead of politicizing his death...

I go on Yahoo to check my mail, and there's no tribute, but an "article" talking about his stance on COVID

Speaking to The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in August last year, he told the interviewer “I hug people in the middle of COVID,” and said: “I understood stopping life for a little while, but they cannot continue to stop life because of politics. And right now they’re stopping because of politics.”

Marvin Lee Aday, better known as Meat Loaf, passed away yesterday at the age of 74. No cause of death yet.

Meat Loaf was one of the cornerstones of my early days exploring music albums. Dad got me into him when I was 16, and I've been jamming to him ever since. Glad to have seen a Meat Loaf concert before I died.

Now him and his songwriter friend Jim Steinman are gone. End of an era.

Meatloaf's views on covid are relative to his death, seeing how he died from covid.
Don't know his views aside from what's been posted here, but I'd just like to point out there's a big difference between opposing vaccine MANDATES and opposing vaccines. It's a difference that's as huge as night and day.

I also support anyone's right or choice to get the vaccine, I support the vaccines themselves, I support the efforts of anyone who helped fast-track them to the public.

But I do not support government mandates that have
  • Threatened people's livelihoods;
  • Removed their Unemployment Insurance they spent their entire career working for, and paying into, and which they are legally entitled to - the removal of which ultimately renders them and their families destitute;
  • Removed them from the rolls of their health insurance that they've paid into upon forced termination of their jobs (the irony here can't be escaped - that a mandate allegedly designed to improve public health has taken away people's access to health insurance by terminating them from their jobs!);
  • Suddenly gotten them terminated after calling them "heroes who can never be replaced" before the vaccine, even if they have acquired natural immunity or a medical deferment by their own doctor from taking the vaccine;
  • Threatened their children's education;
  • Threatened to blackball them from future employment or ostracize them from the rest of society
- all of which have been various "consequences" for not abiding by the mandates.

R.I.P. ✝️

I wish Yahoo (and people in general) could let him rest, instead of politicizing his death...

I go on Yahoo to check my mail, and there's no tribute, but an "article" talking about his stance on COVID

Speaking to The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in August last year, he told the interviewer “I hug people in the middle of COVID,” and said: “I understood stopping life for a little while, but they cannot continue to stop life because of politics. And right now they’re stopping because of politics.”

We live in a perverse age. We celebrate the deaths of people who die for having allegedly the wrong stance (Herman Cain Award). There are plenty of people who got vaccinated and boosted and double boosted and still died of COVID, but no meal is made of their deaths.

Seeing him in Bloodrayne as a medieval-looking vampire with a powdered wig while in bed with a bunch of nude vampires was THE most Meat Loaf thing.