MoFo Fantasy Football 2021 - The Season

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
And... lowest score of the week in my first playoff game.

Nice!

I finished fourth out of ten in my other league. I knocked off fifth place in the quarterfinals, then took care of the first place team in the semifinals this past week (only an 11-point margin of victory). Now I am battling with my wife (who finished second) for our championship! Either way we get the big money. $25 buy-in, $150 paid to first place, $75 for second, and third place gets their $25 back. Our house is netting $175 for this fantasy season. Not bad!

I'd still like to kick her pretty butt, but she will likely crush me.

As for my season here....oy.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The trick is not minding
Fun Facts about our upcoming championship between Empire and Parrotheads.

Parrot heads becomes the third person to reach the championship 2 years in a row. Yoda and Spaulding both did it four times.

11 Angry Men: 2008-2011 going 2-2, winning it all in 2008 and 2010.
Censored Clowns: 2016-2019 winning it all in 2018.

Empire returns to the championship after winning it all in 2015. He had two 3rd place finishes in 2017 and 2018.

If Empire wins, he would become only the third person to win this league at least twice. He would join 11 Angry Men (5) and Beantown Champs (2).

Empire and Parrothead also becomes the 5th and 6th teams to make at least two appearances in the championship game.
11 Angry Men: 7, with a 5-2 record.
Censored Clowns: 4, 1-3.
Beantown Champs: 2, 2-0.
Plastic Pads and Iron Men: 2, 0-2.

I think Empire has finally gotten healthy at the right time and could pull off the win over Parrotheads.
Parrotheads offense has been beastly, after a slow start and rides a 9 game winning streak!
It’ll be an interesting match, as both have favorable matchups this week at key positions.
Who do you guys got winning??

Since joining the league in 2015, I had made it to the semi-finals every season. That is, until this season, when I didn't even make the damn playoffs. I desperately hope we return to 14-teams next year as that plays to my strengths much more as a fantasy player.

QB was my Achilles' heel this season. I still contend that QBs are generally overrated by the fantasy community, but having failed spectacularly at streaming the position this year, I'll be aggressively targeting a big-play signal-caller next year. I started the wrong QB damn near every week, but even the "right choice" would typically only score ~20 points. Compare that to guys like Allen and Herbert who can go off for 40+ any given week. If the rest of my team had been stronger, I could've survived my lackluster QB production, but my skill positions were too boom-or-bust --- with more busts down the stretch, contributing to me losing 5 of my last 6.

I limped into the playoffs in my money league but managed to steal a surprising round one victory thanks to Brady, Godwin, Fournette and Mixon having abysmal performances for my opponent. Thought I was going to luck into the championship since my opponent this past week was without Evans, Conner and Dalvin Cook, but instead his replacement players, like Burkhead and Higgens, exploded for their best games of the season by far, and I got my ass whupped. Major bummer since a win would've netted me $100 for at least a second-place finish, or $500 if I'd managed to win the chip.

I think Empire has finally gotten healthy at the right time and could pull off the win over Parrotheads.
Parrotheads offense has been beastly, after a slow start and rides a 9 game winning streak!
It’ll be an interesting match, as both have favorable matchups this week at key positions.
Who do you guys got winning??
Too close to call. I'd give @Fabulous the slight advantage on a position-by-position basis, but Jonathan Taylor can single-handedly swing things in the favor of @Hey Fredrick, and Vegas is a tasty match-up.

The trick is not minding
Since joining the league in 2015, I had made it to the semi-finals every season. That is, until this season, when I didn't even make the damn playoffs. I desperately hope we return to 14-teams next year as that plays to my strengths much more as a fantasy player.

QB was my Achilles' heel this season. I still contend that QBs are generally overrated by the fantasy community, but having failed spectacularly at streaming the position this year, I'll be aggressively targeting a big-play signal-caller next year. I started the wrong QB damn near every week, but even the "right choice" would typically only score ~20 points. Compare that to guys like Allen and Herbert who can go off for 40+ any given week. If the rest of my team had been stronger, I could've survived my lackluster QB production, but my skill positions were too boom-or-bust --- with more busts down the stretch, contributing to me losing 5 of my last 6.

I limped into the playoffs in my money league but managed to steal a surprising round one victory thanks to Brady, Godwin, Fournette and Mixon having abysmal performances for my opponent. Thought I was going to luck into the championship since my opponent this past week was without Evans, Conner and Dalvin Cook, but instead his replacement players, like Burkhead and Higgens, exploded for their best games of the season by far, and I got my ass whupped. Major bummer since a win would've netted me $100 for at least a second-place finish, or $500 if I'd managed to win the chip.

Too close to call. I'd give @Fabulous the slight advantage on a position-by-position basis, but Jonathan Taylor can single-handedly swing things in the favor of @Hey Fredrick, and Vegas is a tasty match-up.
You wouldn’t beat yourself up over Tannehill. He had been pretty steady the previous few years, so it wasn’t a bad pick. I usually prioritize RB and WR first since those are the most important positions, with a good or great QB somewhere around the 6th pick myself, but that can change, depending on how the draft is shaking out.
It’s interesting that you prefer a 14 team league over a 12. I prefer 12 myself, but I wouldn’t quit over 14.

I agree it’s a close call. Taylor is a beast. But again, Enpire seems to finally be healthy at just the right time. Going to be an interesting matchup, regardless.

I was seriously thinking of making 2021 my last year playing Fantasy baseball and football, hence the TONGOs Last Stand team name in FBB. It wasnt because of injuries, covid, or the league, it was mainly due to not enjoying the real games like I used to. Being concerned about my fantasy players performance rather than a player I'd otherwise root for, or a team. The obssessivness overtook my enthusiasm. So I wanted to do one last year and coach not like the bizzaro head case which is my reputation, but more like a sane person would.

Ive decided to stay in the leagues because its not as important to me like it was, and because of all of you. The internet is a soulless shallow scene, so when I find good people like yourselves that Ive known a long time and have put up with me when i hopefully was at my worst, it shouldnt be squandered and thrown away.

Hey, somebody's got to be the last pick in the drafts

Good luck to you both.

While my team here ate sheeee-it and died my other team, The Blutarskies, is playing for our championship. Going against my wife, who is poised to clobber me. Jonathan Taylor, Davante Adams, and Josh Allen carry the flag for me. She has Mahomes, Kupp, Ekeler, Deebo, and more.

Pre-snap projections have her at 59% to win. In reality it feels even more lopsided than that.

The trick is not minding
I was seriously thinking of making 2021 my last year playing Fantasy baseball and football, hence the TONGOs Last Stand team name in FBB. It wasnt because of injuries, covid, or the league, it was mainly due to not enjoying the real games like I used to. Being concerned about my fantasy players performance rather than a player I'd otherwise root for, or a team. The obssessivness overtook my enthusiasm. So I wanted to do one last year and coach not like the bizzaro head case which is my reputation, but more like a sane person would.

Ive decided to stay in the leagues because its not as important to me like it was, and because of all of you. The internet is a soulless shallow scene, so when I find good people like yourselves that Ive known a long time and have put up with me when i hopefully was at my worst, it shouldnt be squandered and thrown away.

Hey, somebody's got to be the last pick in the drafts
It helps that you clobbered me in our games I’m quite sure haha!
Seriously, glad you’ll return for next year.

Well.. I guess AB is done. That was an interesting display. I see they are keeping Cousins out for Minnesota's game tonight too. What a joke.

Man... I love the redzone stream. It is the only way to watch the NFL. This time right here. The end of the first round of games; what Scott Hansen calls "The Witching Hour" is still the greatest hour in sports. "When wins become losses and losses become wins!" So much happens in this hour.

The Bengals are fun. There, I said it.

Yeah I know they're in the Steelers' division, but arbitrarily hating teams for being regional or divisional rivals is one of the dumbest things about sports fandom. Hate teams for good reasons! There are usually plenty.

The Bengals are fun and I hope they do well.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I think it would be cool to see any AFC team go on a super bowl run. Except the Chiefs I don't want in SB this year. So, they will naturally be in it.

The trick is not minding
Been a Cincy fan since 1988. So it’s great to see us with a decent team with a lot of upside. Talented QB with talented Trio of WR’s and a decent RB. *The best thing is, they are all young.
We need to work on our O-line, shore up some weaknesses on the Defense, and this team can be a legit threat.

Edit: The Bengals are fun now that Burfict doesn't play for them
Yeah, great example of not liking someone (or some team) because they're actually awful and not just rivalrous. Not a good dude.