A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
Another Corrie has joined the fold.

Oh, welcome btw. All of your former Corrie mates can’t stop taking about you, btw. Frankly, it’s a little embarrassing. It’s almost like they’re obsessed with you. Be afraid….be very afraid.

Or at least have that restraining order ready…..

That's nice, but I consider myself a rotten tomato to the core.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

Just a heads-up that this set was just released by Arrow. I haven't seen the Miike remake but I'm a fan of the 60s trilogy. I don't hear these films mentioned often so just thought I'd call attention to it.

No yetis, sadly, but lots of cool non-yeti content.

I admit I don't understand a lot of the folklore (like the one-eyed umbrella with the Gene Simmons tongue), but it's all mostly played straight and manages to be unsettling even when some of the monster costumes are not exactly scary.
One of the films ends with a slo-mo parade of ghosts and goblins that's my favorite thing ever.

EDIT: I said "one-eyed umbrella" as if the number of eyes was the weird part.

It might just be because October's over now, but is it just me, or is this Horrorcram thread seeing less activity in general as the one back on the Corrie?

It might just be because October's over now, but is it just me, or is this Horrorcram thread seeing less activity in general as the one back on the Corrie?
I've been working my way through FF Coppola's films (3 left) and trying to complete the 2021 Challenge (2 left).
After that it's back to the good stuff for me.
(My Severin Folk Horror box set should be arriving in a couple of weeks.)

I usually take it easy on the horror front for at least a month after Halloween. I'm also trying to tie up the Criterion Challenge, after which I plan to knock out a few more Jess Francos.

Victim of The Night
Yeah, really just taking a little break from Horror to get into the Season Of The Feels, I'll be back in form in January.

I've actually made a big decision.
For the last 16 years I've had a policy that I only watch Horror movies in October. Then I started watching what I call Horror-Adjacent in September a few years ago. Two years ago I started Halfway To Halloween, but I can't watch any of the good stuff then, it all has to be saved for October.
Well, having turned 49 and lost a friend to brain cancer recently, I've decided I'm watching Horror whenever the **** I want, year round, from now on. Because if I died tomorrow, I'd b pretty sad about not having watched Messiah Of Evil and Lemora and a few others enough. And it's literally impossible for me to watch Rocky Horror enough.

Yeah, really just taking a little break from Horror to get into the Season Of The Feels, I'll be back in form in January.

I've actually made a big decision.
For the last 16 years I've had a policy that I only watch Horror movies in October. Then I started watching what I call Horror-Adjacent in September a few years ago. Two years ago I started Halfway To Halloween, but I can't watch any of the good stuff then, it all has to be saved for October.
Well, having turned 49 and lost a friend to brain cancer recently, I've decided I'm watching Horror whenever the **** I want, year round, from now on. Because if I died tomorrow, I'd b pretty sad about not having watched Messiah Of Evil and Lemora and a few others enough. And it's literally impossible for me to watch Rocky Horror enough.
I fully support this turn of events.

Happy Thanksgiving!

It always dies down after October. If we want a conversation starter I’m planning on participating in the 100 best films of the aughts over in the other forum and The Descent is probably gonna be pretty high on my list. Any other horror I should consider? I’m blanking on wtf came out that decade.

It always dies down after October. If we want a conversation starter I’m planning on participating in the 100 best films of the aughts over in the other forum and The Descent is probably gonna be pretty high on my list. Any other horror I should consider? I’m blanking on wtf came out that decade.
Let the Right One In

28 Days Later
American Psycho
The Devil's Rejects
Ginger Snaps
REC
Pulse
High Tension
Hostel
Dark Water
The House of the Devil

Victim of The Night
I also considered The Descent.

Victim of The Night
Trick 'r Treat

And while it's not Horror, it does have a ghost: The Devil's Backbone.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
The Ninth Gate
Final Destination
The Cell
Shadow of the Vampire
The Others
Frailty
The Ring
Ghost Ship
The Butterfly Effect
Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
The Village
Zodiac
Grindhouse
The Mist
Cloverfield
The Road

Yeah American Psycho and Shaun of the Dead were probably making my list anyway too. Forgot about Let the Right One In though.

These are all the horror films I've seen from the 2000's that I rated an 8/10 or higher:

28 Days Later
American Psycho
Coraline
The Descent
High Tension
The Mist
REC
Requiem For a Dream
The Ring
Shaun of the Dead
Triangle

Also, while I don't consider them to be horror, Enter the Void, Mulholland Drive, Pan's Labyrinth, and Zodiac are all excellent.

American Psycho
Pulse
The Descent
The Devil's Backbone.
Shadow of the Vampire
Frailty

Zodiac
Grindhouse
Requiem For a Dream
Enter the Void, Mulholland Drive, Pan's Labyrinth
These films made my short list for my top 100 (which actually stands at somewhere around 130 at the moment), but I'm not sure if they'll make my 25.

Also on my list:
Donnie Darko
Memories of Murder
Tale of Two Sisters
Bug (Ima allow it)
Timecrimes
Thirst
Gozu
Cache

And although I won't put it on my list, I suppose Antichrist deserves a mention.

The trick is not minding
These films made my short list for my top 100 (which actually stands at somewhere around 130 at the moment), but I'm not sure if they'll make my 25.

Also on my list:
Donnie Darko
Memories of Murder
Tale of Two Sisters
Bug (Ima allow it)
Timecrimes
Thirst
Gozu
Cache

And although I won't put it on my list, I suppose Antichrist deserves a mention.
I know I mentioned this previously, but I really can’t wait to see your personal top 100 from the aughts. I know you’ll wait to unveil it after the sites countdown, but really, it’s the honorable mentions that you add in that stand out.