I'm Buying A House!

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
What are you going to do with 12 acres besides pay higher property taxes? Are you going to be a farmer?
It’s mostly woods (like 80%) so it’s an investment. A man without land is free to command. Real wealth is land.

But there’s a wood stove that feeds into the HVAC so it’s near endless fuel. And yeah, I do want to farm and become more self-reliant. Only if the price is right.

It’s mostly woods (like 80%) so it’s an investment. A man without land is free to command. Real wealth is land.

But there’s a wood stove that feeds into the HVAC so it’s near endless fuel. And yeah, I do want to farm and become more self-reliant. Only if the price is right.
That's cool, just watch out for conservation land.

The Adventure Starts Here!
What are you going to do with 12 acres besides pay higher property taxes? Are you going to be a farmer?
I was thinking the same thing. We went from a postage-stamp teeny yard to only about a half acre (with a big footprint for the house and driveway/garage), and I can't believe how much I HATE taking care of all of it! HATE IT. Would prefer the lovely house put onto the postage-stamp yard.

Congratulations! I too am on my way to that goal, and I hope soon you will be happy for me too

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Who needs a house anyway. I could live in a cave if I had the Internet and movies
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Been thinking about taking the plunge myself into buying a house but God damn is it a sellers market. Especially down here in Florida where everyone is escaping to. My buddy bought a house a year or so ago, maybe right before covid hit right before 2020. Man did he have good timing. Got 2 bed 2 bath maybe around 130k I think somewhere around there. He gutted it...has most of it finished. If he wanted to sell it now he probably could flirt with getting 200k for it.

I just fantasize on Zillow right now but I will probably start getting serious after the holidays. Good luck man.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Guessing a metal roof is fireproof (like slate & tile)? An ember the size of a fingernail in a gutter can burn your house down. Fireproof roof is good.
Yikes, this Los Angeles home completely burned down the house to the studs. A single ember got trapped between the back of the fireplace & the wall.

After work I looked at two homes in the city:*

first one was a wreck that would have been a steal if I was made of cash and not beholden to a government backed loan. It’s all part of their game.

Second one was tiny but modern updates, and it was almost the perfect house if it weren’t for the fact that the breaker box, hot water heater, and HVAC were all in the crawl space. That was also when I found out it had a sump pump and my suspicions about flooding were confirmed.

I think I might have found the perfect house. I’m looking at it tomorrow. If everything looks good I am going to make an offer.

Location, location, location.

I think I might have found the perfect house. I’m looking at it tomorrow. If everything looks good I am going to make an offer.

Location, location, location.
Once you settle, are you going to post photos here?

(Make sure to blur out addresses & street signs or else you'll have MoFo's dropping in all hours of the day and night!)

(Make sure to blur out addresses & street signs or else you'll have MoFo's dropping in all hours of the day and night!)
Too late. He already invited us.

Duplicate Account (locked)
Once you settle, are you going to post photos here?

i know you say it with tongue and cheek, but i was legit creepily trying to find house photos that McClane was posting just so i could be like "i found that house MoFo!". Don't trust the internet!

i know you say it with tongue and cheek, but i was legit creepily trying to find house photos that McClane was posting just so i could be like "i found that house MoFo!". Don't trust the internet!
My feeling is if he wanted us to know the address he would tell us himself.

Duplicate Account (locked)
My feeling is if he wanted us to know the address he would tell us himself.

Well, he did give out enough info to show me that he does live in the same general area as i do

Well, he did give out enough info to show me that he does live in the same general area as i do

LOL. Poor thing.