honeykid's DVD Collection

Tools    

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
Wow, honeykid. I'm very impressed. I have recently started collecting myself and I can't quite imagine owning all those

Nice collection.

These are particular favorites of mine:

3:10 To Yuma (2007)
The Big Lebowski
Blood Diamond
The Breakfast Club
The Departed
Fight Club
Kinsey
Memento
Point Break
Pulp Fiction
Zodiac

I noticed you have Teeth. What did you think of that one? I thought the premise was great but found the execution mildly disappointing. I felt they could have done more with the idea, but it was still pretty funny.
Also I noticed The Ugly. I was surprised by how good this very low budget film turned out to be. I've been meaning to add it to my collection.

So is it fair to say that you have the biggest collection on MoFo, Honey?

No way. Holden has many, many more than me. I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't be suprised if mark f, Pyro and a few others do too. Of course, they don't have enough Drew Barrymore films, so they're not as good as mine.

Miss Vicky: Teeth of one of the films that I've not seen yet. I was really up for it, but I have to say that I've heard that from a lot of people that've seen Teeth. I'll let you know when I see it.

No way. Holden has many, many more than me. I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't be suprised if mark f, Pyro and a few others do too. Of course, they don't have enough Drew Barrymore films, so they're not as good as mine.

Miss Vicky: Teeth of one of the films that I've not seen yet. I was really up for it, but I have to say that I've heard that from a lot of people that've seen Teeth. I'll let you know when I see it.
I found Pyro's DVD collection but couldn't find Holden's. Yours does seem a little less intimidating now

I ain't going out my way to watch this Teeth film. I'll catch it when i'm drunk or something.

I ain't going out my way to watch this Teeth film. I'll catch it when i'm drunk or something.
Why would you need to be drunk to watch Teeth? I just watched it like a week or so ago. I actually laughed at some of the scenes. People said it was a so called a "controversial" type movie. It really isn't.

The latest acquisition

11 discs

Special Features
8 special presentations
Imperial War Museum photo gallery
Biographies
Brief history of The World At War, Episode summaries
Speeches
Songs and newsreels
Maps
Bonus Disc: 30th Anniversary disc containing previously unseen interviews and retrospective interviews with the original production team (3 hours!)

A very awesome collection...

Reservoir Dogs: 2 Disc Collector's Edition - Limited Petrol Can Packaging
Near Dark: Special Edition (2 Discs)

Not a fan of the film at all but the packaging is awesome. In fact, I brought the same DVD purely for the packaging.

Liking Near Dark in your collection.

Cheers mate.

Near Dark is a great film and part of the best movie night double bill I ever experienced. Rented Near Dark and The Hitcher and saw them for the first time back to back. Absolutely brilliant.

Both Reservoir Dogs and Near Dark were upgrades. Actually, my VHS version of Reservoir Dogs was a special edition too.

The People's Republic of Clogher
You, sir, have Trumpton, which makes you a top man in my book. And Yes Minister.

My VHS version of Reservoir Dogs is a pirate copy from the days when it was banned in Ireland. There was a great little shop in Smithfield Market in Belfast which kept stuff like that under the counter and they would even let you check the quality before buying on a player they kept to one side. Piracy is so much easier these days.

Have you got any system for keeping track of your collection? I used to use DVD Profiler but, frankly, it was all getting a bit anal so I stopped. Nowadays, finding a particular DVD can be an adventure in itself...

I don't really have any system except alphbetical order and memory, but I'm going to have to do something for the recorded dvds as I've so many films there and, unlike the bought ones, they're in carrycases and therefore not on display, so I'm not able to memorize them. I've already bought a couple that I later found out I had recorded.

And yes, having Trumpton does indeed make me a top man. It's good to know I'm not alone with this and it's more proof that, you as well, are a top man.

Are you aware of this?

Trumptonshire : Trumpton / Chigley / Camberwick Green (Complete Collection Box Set)

You can buy that along with Mr. Benn and Bagpuss for £14.43 from Amazon.uk at the moment.

The People's Republic of Clogher
I'd be tempted but usually revisiting my childhood TV programmes doesn't go well.

When I found out that Miss Helen from our version of Romper Room is now a Humanist celebrant I was so shocked that I nearly dropped my Captain Zep: Space Detective limited edition mug. Mr Benn and Bagpuss are classics, though. .