Queen Elizabeth II - (1926 - 2022)

Tools    

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Today, we have a day off in the family to follow the entire funeral ceremony and procession.
The National Television here plus two more private TV channels are broadcasting everything. In addition, The YouTube Royal Family Channel is turned on on the laptop.

From Westminster Abbey to Windsor...

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Rest in Peace Your Majesty.
Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

My middle brother emailed me to tell they’re watching it on a big screen & it’s amazing in England.

Will get to it later, I hope.

I watched some of the procession and the funeral in the St. George Chapel. I was amazed at how big this event was. So many people.

I guess it’s because she’s been Queen for just about everyone who’s alive right now. 1952 was a long time ago.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
What do you Americans think of all our pomp at the funeral? I felt it was a stunning display and worthy send off. RIP

What do you Americans think of all our pomp at the funeral? I felt it was a stunning display and worthy send off. RIP
I didn't watch it, but I think it's wonderful to celebrate the Queen's life and to honor traditions.

God Save the King!

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Pardon my ignorance, but were any heads of state in attendance?
The Westminster Abbey was prepared for 2,200 people for the first part of the official ceremony.
They've limited it up to two persons per state for none-Commonwealth countries. There were some exceptions only for Royal Houses.
Joe and Jill Biden were there in the group of the country presidents.
About 19 people represented Canada and almost the same number for Australia.

How sad, at this historic moment, there were not representatives of Russia.
---

In addition, near 100 TV broadcasters world-wide covered about four billions of the population.

Pardon my ignorance, but were any heads of state in attendance?
Just about everyone, or at least sending representatives. The naughty ones were nnot invited, like Putin.

Was very strange hearing "God save the King" as the new national anthem.

How sad, at this historic moment, there were not representatives of Russia.
Not in the least bit sad. No despots & lunatics invited.