The Movie Forums Top 100 Comedies Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Could be a good sign that The Titfield Thunderbolt didn't make the one-pointers list, now it might just need 30-40 people to have each placed it last on their ballot for it to make the list proper - and with a mere 42 one-pointers from 89 total ballots that's certainly still perfectly possible

Toot - toot!

Phantom of Liberty was mine.
I don't do any of this strategical stuff. That's just where it landed.
For some reason the denying the audience an ending tickled me more-so than all the denied attempts to eat in The Discrete Charm of the Bourgeoisie, and the the "spew shit in public, only consume (food) in private," feels like such an accurate metaphor for how exchange of ideas for me that will always be cemented into my head as a film that exists.

Now excuse me, I need to go wipe my mouth.

The movies that I have seen that are other people's one pointers

Paul - If it's the alien movie with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, the movie was alright
Club Dread - Not a bad movie
Meet the Fockers - A decent sequel to Meet the Parents
Free Guy - Loved this movie it felt like I was watching GTA online lol
Weekend at Bernie's - This movie was alright, I have not rewatched this movie in ages
Scary Movie 4 - Better than the 5th movie imo

None of these movies are not on my list either

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

The trick is not minding

My 1-pointer.

Completely neglected skewering of beauty pageants by mostly neglected director Michael Ritchie.
This has been on my watch list since 2000. And I keep forgetting about it completely.
I am ashamed.

Tickled is my one pointer; a somewhat disturbing documentary that I found hilarious.

Would you say it tied you down and tickled your funny bone?
Because I don't believe you. Let me film you watching it.

/Only vaguely aware of the premise

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I am surprised my one pointer didn't show. Good taste to whoever else voted for it.

But Monday until the official beginning reveal!?!? I have a feeling this will go into next year. The next countdown might be over before this.

Let's see, the ones I've seen... also a count of 10.
Meaning to watch Red Rocket at some point this year.

The Phantom of Liberty
The Toy
Rejected
Pink Flamingos
I love You Phillip Morris
Ruthless People
Weekend at Bernie's
Knick Knack
Seven Samurai
Austin Powers in Goldmember
Stroszek
ETA: Scratching off "The Whole Nine Yards". For some reason I was thinking of The Longest Yard (1974). Adding in Knick Knack though. I didn't recognize the title, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it before. If not, well, I guess I've seen it now.

Seen a bunch of the 1 pointers with my favorites being Ruthless People, Overboard, Stroszek, and Seven Samurai, but I wouldn't consider the latter to be a comedy. I really want to see Short Cuts.

Tickled is my one pointer; a somewhat disturbing documentary that I found hilarious.
I feel so bad for people who get tricked in an exploitative way, it's almost painful for me to watch movies/shows about it. That said, I've tentatively had it on my watchlist since it came out.

High five to whoever had I Love You Phillip Morris.

My last place is a film I think will actually make the countdown, so we'll see.

Looking forward to the reveals on Monday!

Maybe it says something about why I didn't submit a ballot, that I've only seen three of the one-pointers (and one of them isn't even comedy, in my opinion). At least none of the other names ring any bells (I know a couple more, but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen them).

Pink Flamingos
Seven Samurai

One Pointers:

The Phantom of Liberty
Something's Gotta Give
Red Rocket
Paul
Tickled
Club Dread
Freaked
Night of Something Strange
The Fate of the Furious
Knick Knack
The Toy
Mother, Jugs and Speed
A Day at the Races
American Babylon
La guagua aerea
Meet the Fockers
Megamind
Rejected
Pink Flamingos
Short Cuts
Le Grand Amour
The Imposters
The Grass is Greener
Teen Beach Movie
Ruthless People
Living in Oblivion
Smile
Beat the Devil
Artists and Models
Overboard 1987
Free Guy
Boeing, Boeing
Weekend at Bernie's
The Whole Nine Yards
Heavy Trip
Scary Movie 4
Seven Samurai
Brewster McCloud
Dolemite
Stroszek

Yup, one of those was my 1 pointer...and it wasn't Beat the Devil, A Day at the Races or Artists and Models. Though I do watch a LOT of old moives...any guesses as to which is mine?

One Pointers:

The Phantom of Liberty
Something's Gotta Give
Red Rocket
Paul
Tickled
Club Dread
Freaked
Night of Something Strange
The Fate of the Furious
Knick Knack
The Toy
Mother, Jugs and Speed
A Day at the Races
American Babylon
La guagua aerea
Meet the Fockers
Megamind
Rejected
Pink Flamingos
Short Cuts
Le Grand Amour
The Imposters
The Grass is Greener
Teen Beach Movie
Ruthless People
Living in Oblivion
Smile
Beat the Devil
Artists and Models
Overboard 1987
Free Guy
Boeing, Boeing
Weekend at Bernie's
The Whole Nine Yards
Heavy Trip
Scary Movie 4
Seven Samurai
Brewster McCloud
Dolemite
Stroszek

Yup, one of those was my 1 pointer...and it wasn't Beat the Devil, A Day at the Races or Artists and Models. Though I do watch a LOT of old moives...any guesses as to which is mine?
Boeing Boeing??

Maybe it says something about why I didn't submit a ballot, that I've only seen three of the one-pointers (and one of them isn't even comedy, in my opinion). At least none of the other names ring any bells (I know a couple more, but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen them).

Pink Flamingos
Seven Samurai

Rejected is the Don Hertzfeldt short, I'm pretty sure it's the one with, "my anus is bleeding," though maybe I'm mixing it up with another Hertzfeldt short in the bitter films collection.

Strozceck is a Werner Herzog movie that I wouldn't think of as being a comedy, but also a movie that isn't inconceivable someone else might view it through the lens of being a comedy.
There is a dancing chicken.