A Star is Born

Tools    

Anybody interested to see Clint Eastwood's "A Star is Born"?

I know people think Beyonce is oversaturated, but I do think she at least has vocal talent, now as for acting...

Anyway, they're throwing some names around, but who do you think would be a good co-star for her?

http://finallybrave.com/2012/03/10/b...usive-details/

I think an unknown minority maybe Hispanic or Asian would be interesting...

Clint knows what his doing anyway... Beyonce with a new bub, that might be hard on her. I don't know?

Semper Fooey
I have zero interest in a remake of A Star is Born. What is the point? The story has been done to death, and I am not talking about just the official versions, three of them. Parts of it showed up in Deamgirls and it turned up again in the movie that just won for Best Picture.

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I'm watching this movie tomorrow evening.

The movie is already garnering lots of Oscar buzz.

I predict this will be up for Best Picture, Best Director (Cooper), Best Actor (Cooper), Best Actress (Gaga), Best Supporting Actor (Elliot), Best Song (The Shallow; performed by Cooper and Gaga), Best Adapted Screenplay among other nominations.

I'm currently listening to the soundtrack, and it sounds really good.

I'm watching this movie tomorrow evening.

The movie is already garnering lots of Oscar buzz.

I predict this will be up for Best Picture, Best Director (Cooper), Best Actor (Cooper), Best Actress (Gaga), Best Supporting Actor (Elliot), Best Song (The Shallow; performed by Cooper and Gaga), Best Adapted Screenplay among other nominations.

I'm currently listening to the soundtrack, and it sounds really good.
There is a reason sam elliot has never been nominated...no one in hollywood likes him.
This movie has been overrated from the get go. Its a crowdpleaser that is emotionally manipulating its audience to get the intended reaction. Just because they scheduled it for oscar release warner bros is trying to paint this as a oscar contender.

There is a reason sam elliot has never been nominated...no one in hollywood likes him.
This movie has been overrated from the get go. Its a crowdpleaser that is emotionally manipulating its audience to get the intended reaction. Just because they scheduled it for oscar release warner bros is trying to paint this as a oscar contender.
I like Sam Elliot. He's got that coolness about him. How come nobody likes him?

The movie is a melodrama. A crowd-pleaser like you described. With a potentially killer soundtrack. It's exactly what the Academy loves. The critics love it, too. It currently has a 90% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. It will be an Oscar contender. It's not even a question or a speculation at this point.

I like Sam Elliot. He's got that coolness about him. How come nobody likes him?

The movie is a melodrama. A crowd-pleaser like you described. With a potentially killer soundtrack. It's exactly what the Academy loves. The critics love it, too. It currently has a 90% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. It will be an Oscar contender. It's not even a question or a speculation at this point.
In the metoo era I think a movie where a woman needs a man to give her big break and lines are sort of blurred between workplace harassment and romance is kinda creepy. It doesn't merit any praise.

A system of cells interlinked
In the metoo era I think a movie where a woman needs a man to give her big break and lines are sort of blurred between workplace harassment and romance is kinda creepy. It doesn't merit any praise.
He sees her singing at a drag bar, after which strike up a relationship and that's "workplace harassment?"

Please elaborate.

Also, isn't his career failing due to addiction and hearing loss? Doesn't seem like a man with much power in the industry.

Bruh, it's a damn movie!

Bruh, it's a damn movie!
nope..its a damn movie that wants to win best picture oscar and be remembered as the movie for this year in a time capsule...that is too much. This movie in the current era is trying to glorify metoo behavior...even if she didn't like him..she is obligated to obey his advances because he will help her career.

nope..its a damn movie that wants to win best picture oscar and be remembered as the movie for this year in a time capsule...that is too much. This movie in the current era is trying to glorify metoo behavior...even if she didn't like him..she is obligated to obey his advances because he will help her career.
Oh lord...

You do realize this movie is a romantic drama, right? And that it's being made in 2018, right?

I haven't seen the original version, which may have some of what you're talking about. However, I'm pretty certain that the new version will play to the current vibe and culture that have been making headlines over the past year or so. I mean, you do realize the movie is being made by a Hollywood studio, right?

I have zero interest in a remake of A Star is Born. What is the point?...
I'm not interested either. I'll take the 1930s or 1950s versions. Didn't like the Barbra Streisand version from the 70s.

Oh lord...

You do realize this movie is a romantic drama, right? And that it's being made in 2018, right?

I haven't seen the original version, which may have some of what you're talking about. However, I'm pretty certain that the new version will play to the current vibe and culture that have been making headlines over the past year or so. I mean, you do realize the movie is being made by a Hollywood studio, right?
what does that have to do with anything

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Don't forget racist, 2 white leads. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Also why couldn't they get a real actor with hearing loss. This was such an able-list film!
this is exactly the dumb kinda argument people like you will start..how about this..how about the exact same hair length and height ? you are not capable of making a valid argument so you are trying to discredit my valid argument by taking it to the extremes and muddy the water and take the reasoning out of the discussion like Donald j trump

I'm not interested either. I'll take the 1930s or 1950s versions. Didn't like the Barbra Streisand version from the 70s.
Im not interested in seeing this... why? I can't stand to look at Bradley Cooper's face.. he is an actor I will never watch his films.. Unless he's Rocket Raccoon's voice.