WHERE THE HECK AM I?

Tools    

Well then, if the river is Charles:
this is Boston.
(Though I can't identify the domed building in the foreground- maybe a government complex?)

I realized that Boston is better known for its schools than government offices. So I confess to doing a little search- and I now believe this
is
MIT.

Exactly right! I knew you'd get it @Stirchley- nice that you got to visit there; hope you were able to pet one of those many toed cats.

Your turn.

Exactly right! I knew you'd get it @Stirchley- nice that you got to visit there; hope you were able to pet one of those many toed cats.

Your turn.
I haven't been following this thread, and I didn't see any of the other recent post, nor the photo clue you posted, but just reading the above I bet you're talking about Hemmingway's house in the Florida Keys.

Good Lord, what a congested, constricting city! No where for a bird to land or for that matter, a birdwatcher to stroll. Wherever it is,
I' m happy I don't have to live there. ( And in the spirit of he season, I' m also very thankful to be on a forum where folks not only know about Papa Hemingway's cats, but have actually visited the place)

As far as that mammoth mega city; I' m guessing Tokyo.

Would never have known myself that it’s Tokyo, but you are correct. World’s largest city, apparently.

Too large for me.

I'd much rather be here:

Yes. Pretty astute . A province or region, known for its lavender fields. If no one can guess the exact location, I'd give it to @Stirchley, unless she's turned in for the evening.

You got it. Take a turn @Stirchley.