Netflix's The Witcher

Tools    

4 episodes done, I'm enjoying it. Is the game worth playing? Might pick it up if it's cheap.

Edit: game of the year edition £10.49
Sold

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
4 episodes done, I'm enjoying it. Is the game worth playing? Might pick it up if it's cheap.
I just started Witcher III (the game) and have enjoyed it past the 2-hour starting zone quests. I paid like 15 US and imagine it was worth it if I don't get distracted. Too late with CONTROL updates. Decent world exploration and something to do + loot around every corner keeps the food pellet dispenser clicker thing clicking. Somewhat slow to get started and horse control is wonky but it has grown on me. About 10 pages back in the video game thread are several posts from uh .. Sedai I believe? That's what got me into it. Pretty positive responses from those that have played it.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Game of decade, or at least in the conversation for it.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I think my mind was prepared for "next GoT" , but it's not that. Unfair or not, GoT is the only high-fantasy I can recall and it set a high bar. For some reason I catch those Hercules and Zena flashbacks from this. Good in parts, but I don't think they did multiple takes on a lot of these scenes

I like it, but it may be kinda cheezy.

It's easily the best video game adaptation out there, but that isn't a difficult or impressive feat.

Edit: seems there are books too, so not sure if it is a direct video game adaptation, Ill have to look into that.
Haven't watched it yet but it should be based on the books (based on what I've read elsewhere mostly on first two books which are collections of short stories).

I've only read the first two books myself and didn't think too highly of them but they certainly have their fans. Despite of that I'll watch the show in near future.

Finally, I finished this one. So like I said in the previous post I have read the first two books and I haven't played the games.

I think many of the short stories in those two books are quite weak and it's reflected on the episodes of the show. About half of the episodes are outright bad and only two are anywhere near good (third one with the striga which is the best short story, and seventh which doesn't have the usual monster of the week at all). Despite this, the main story (which is from the novels I haven't read - the whole Nilfgaard attack and Ciri stuff) seems to have some potential so I'm actually waiting for the next season even though I didn't like the first.

A system of cells interlinked
Finished this off. There are some good aspects to the show, but overall, was a bit weak. Cavil nailed Geralt, and is a highlight of the show, but muddled story telling keeps bringing things down for me. Good, not great.

Just finished season 1 of The Witcher. I never played the game or read the books, but just from a viewing standpoint feel the time jumps flattened many events that could have been impactful.

Cavill is great for this role, and the actress playing Yennifer.... GOOD GAWD lol! I hate having to wait till 2021 for season 2, I'm hooked.

Edit: game of the year edition £10.49
Sold
as a witcher video game fan yes, 2 and 3rd are really good. the first one is okay

Really love Geralt's awesome catchphrase:

I caught this post last night reading back for some initial reactions as I restart this series. I'm a few episodes in now and I can't help but crack up every time Geralt grunts a, "hmmm." There are a lot. I don't think I caught it the first time through.

lol

Watch this about a year ago. It had it's ups and downs sort of unfocused at times. Episodes I really enjoyed, some I didn't. Only 8 episodes so it wasn't a huge commitment. I think it had some seeds of good things maybe they can narrow down in season 2. I'll give up quick on a show if I lose interest. I'll give season 2 a gander, hopefully it's worth it. If it's only 8 episodes again should be pretty easy.

Cavill is great in his role, you can tell he really enjoys the material and being a part of the show. Also the chick who plays Yennefer is a smoke show. ;-)

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Just noticed Season 2 is up. 2 episodes in and it feels pretty good. The world feels a touch more grounded without awkward punchlines peppered in and the visuals and creatures look good. Closer to S1, EP1 as compared to later season goofs. Finally, some bits are reminding me of the start of Witcher III, which is kind of neat. Granted that's the only game I tried.

I'm half into EP7 And I am really enjoying this. There are some really nice things playing out all around. I'm being cautious not to drop any spoilers with my posts. Surely someone else is watching this?

I'm half into EP7 And I am really enjoying this. There are some really nice things playing out all around. I'm being cautious not to drop any spoilers with my posts. Surely someone else is watching this?
Opposite for me. Watched season 1. Ups and downs. But mostly enjoyed it. Binged up until Ep 8 this weekend. Not sure if i'll finish. Just sloppy muddled story telling. I could careless about half the characters. I'll probably finish just because I'm so close to the end but I doubt I bother with anything in the future.