The Witches (new) film adaptation

Tools    

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/r...on-1202851650/

"Robert Zemeckis is in final negotiations to direct Warner Bros.’ adaptation of Roald Dahl’s classic book “The Witches,” studio sources tell Variety.

Sources say a deal is expected shortly. Zemeckis will also pen the script, with his partner Jack Rapke producing through their banner ImageMovers, along with Alfonso Cuaron and Guillermo del Toro. Del Tor had long been attached to direct, but a scheduling conflict led the Oscar winner to vacate the director’s chair.

Based on the 1973 novel, the film follows a seven-year-old boy who has a run in with real-life witches. Warner Bros. had previously adapted the book in 1990 with Anjelica Huston playing one of the title characters, but sources close to the project say Zemeckis’ version will be more rooted in the original source material, while the Huston pic was a loose adaptation."

Phew, definitely thought this was going to be a sequel to The VVitch for a moment just called Witches.
Great avatar – brilliant to see The Storyteller represented and that's my favourite episode too. "Let us out please – we're bashed to bits!"

This should be very interesting because I think the book is a lot darker.

This might just do nobody any good.
Phew, definitely thought this was going to be a sequel to The VVitch for a moment just called Witches.
I’d watch that. A band of puritans stumble across the coven, recognize Thomasin and try to get her back.

“Get away from her, you satanic b***h!”

Anyways, this sounds cool but when’s Cuaron’s next movie coming out?

Agree, the original was great! Remember watching it on TV way back when.

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2019/01...is-the-witches

"Speaking with French outlet Allocine, Zemeckis explains that he's making a significant change to the setting of Dahl's original story, which splits its time between Norway and the United Kingdom and follows an elderly retired witch hunter and her grandson as they try to dismantle an underground coven of witches led by the powerful Grand High Witch (played in the Roeg film by her majesty Anjelica Huston).

This is what Zemeckis has to say about his remake/re-adaptation:

“We’re going to set it in the Gothic South in the 1960s. It’s an exciting way to put a sociological spin on this kind of witch story.”"