B-Movie HoF II: The Sequel!

Tools    

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
my full rankings and reasonings good game everyone! cant wait for part 3!

The Beast Must Die! - While this wasnt my favourite film of this list if the question being asked is "What is the Best B-movie on this list" then "The Beast must Die!" is the clear winner for me. a unique framing device, decent cine and direction. Cult horror legends and a funk soundtrack all lend themselves to a horror whodunnit with a difference! while it may be a touch slow in places it has enough elements there to keep me interested and enough twists to make it feel like it had a pretty good payoff...A solid, unique and enjoyable B-movie.

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes - Total nonsense cinema, and highly entertaining total nonsense cinema at that! if your looking for a film that defines the "Troma" side of B-movies then this is pretty damn close to that! it's not the prettiest film in the world but thats kind of not the point.

The Child - A definite favourite of mine and one thats also made it onto the shelf! with wooden acting, strange cine and direction and a very unusual and unsettling tone I can honestly say I've not seen many films quite like this one...more than worthy of being in the top 3!

Cherry 2000 - had this been lower budget I think i'd have ranked it higher. as it stands this was arguably one of my favourite movies to watch out of this list. It's made it onto my shelf and I'll be talking about it in depth in future. it's heartfelt, has excellent cine and direction, looks cool and feels cool. if anything because it looks and feels so good I didnt feel right naming it the "Best B-movie" because i'd happily sit and watch this as a legitimate piece of good cinema!

Jack Frost - An ultra violent 90's B-flick. this one hits all the right comedy notes and really manages to set the high watermark for 90's B-movie cinema. good to watch year round it's an entertaining and bizarre entry to this list

Spaced Invaders - A somewhat slow, but consistant and charming little family romp. it caught me completely off guard and left me with a bit of a warm fuzzy feeling. an excellent kids movie...though im not so sure if I'd call it a B-movie...I'd say this was more "Cult"

Night of the Creeps - Great performances from Tom Atkins and the rest of the cast, steller direction and cine...but a painfully slow first 2 acts absolutely kill the momentum for me. A very strong 3rd act does little to make me feel better about my life choices.

The Dragon Lives again (My Nomination) - I love this movie, it has it's faults but that just makes me love it more. Obviously though for the sake of fairness (And because there are some crackers in this list...I feel here is probably the most appropriate place for this movie)

The Burning - A generic summercamp movie, the effects, the violence and George Costanza just about save this one from total medicority but sadly it just falls short of being "Shelf worthy" for me...

The Beastmaster - Entertaining in places, the "Sword and sorcery" genre isnt one im too keen on in honesty so they really have to try to get me on board...this one did a pretty decent job in places...but it just wasnt unique enough to win my affection.

Hunters Blood - Not my cup of tea personally, While I can appreciate that some people like this kind of genre of film, these types generally leave me a bit bored in honesty...a decent enough ending but as I say, not one i'll revisit any time soon.

The Editor - A movie I genuinely just didnt care for, I found it quite irritating in places and the heavy reliance on "In references" and semi naked women made it too fanwanky for me sadly.

my full rankings and reasonings good game everyone! cant wait for part 3!
I'm glad you posted a text version of your reviews, as to be honest I never watched your video reviews. So I had no idea how you felt about the nominations. I just don't have 15-20 minutes to watch videos. Though I'm sure you're very good at making them Glad you could join!

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!!!
I'm glad you posted a text version of your reviews, as to be honest I never watched your video reviews. So I had no idea how you felt about the nominations. I just don't have 15-20 minutes to watch videos. Though I'm sure you're very good at making them Glad you could join!

Hey fair enough man! My reviews tend to be kind of long form and I wouldnt expect anyone to sit through the whole thing xD I popped the text up kind of as an addendum to my reviews (Mainly to explain why I'd placed them where I had because I tried to play that element down in the videos) but in fairness they're very similar to the video reviews anyway

In all fairness I really should thank you man, you've introduced me to a film that I genuinely really enjoyed It's sat on my shelf right now and im hoping to upgrade to the Bluray in the new year. it was a great nomination

Hey fair enough man! My reviews tend to be kind of long form and I wouldnt expect anyone to sit through the whole thing xD I popped the text up kind of as an addendum to my reviews (Mainly to explain why I'd placed them where I had because I tried to play that element down in the videos) but in fairness they're very similar to the video reviews anyway

In all fairness I really should thank you man, you've introduced me to a film that I genuinely really enjoyed It's sat on my shelf right now and im hoping to upgrade to the Bluray in the new year. it was a great nomination
I had the hardest time finding Cherry 2000. I had seen it once back in the 80s and it always stayed with me. I wanted to see it again, but it was nowhere to be found. Luckily I did find it so I could revisit it and I must say I liked it better on the second and third time around.

I just watched your video on Cherry 2000. Really cool presentation you're very skilled at video. Your video looked great and was creative... I liked what you said too. Not just because it was my nom but you noticed things in the movie that I didn't even notice myself!

Glad you enjoyed Cherry 2000 For me, having one person connect to a film I love, is much more important than if the film won the HoF.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
made it too fanwanky for me sadly.
OMG, I f@ckin love that term!!

with my vote, I simply went with how much fun I had watching

1) Cherry 2000
2)Jack Frost
3) The Beastmaster
4) Spaced Invaders
5) The Editor
6) The Beast Must Die
7) Night of the Creeps
8) The Burning
9) Hunter's Blood
10) The Dragon Lives Again
11) The Child

CONGRATS @TheUsualSuspect for the win!!
And THANK YOU @Joel for Hosting!! D@MN-FABULOUS JOB!!! and quite the original reveal!!!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Wow, awesome. I was watching the video on my phone and I could barely see the posters so I had to really squint to see the winner. I noticed Night of the Creeps is in the middle of a lot of lists, I guess that's how you win these things. Everything else seems to be all over the place.

Here are my rankings:

1. Jack Frost
2. Night of the Creeps
3. Beastmaster
4. The Burning
5. Spaced Invaders
6. Cherry 2000
7. Hunter's Blood
8. The Year of the Dragon
9. The Beast Must Die
10. The Editor
11. The Child

I make an effort to not pick my submission as my #1 in these things unless nothing else really speaks to me. Jack Frost was stupid fun.

Suspect's Reviews