Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I had some debate about this but, at the end of the day, I know why I didn't like the reboot, and it wasn't because it starred women, that's for sure.

The whole man-baby thing just seems to lump everyone who didn't like the film into one general category as women haters, or being a man baby because they don't like something (exactly what you seem to be doing magnified)and I don't think that's very intelligent or healthy. But maybe you didn't mean it that way so, my apologies if you didn't..

We're all entitled to have an opinion, not just man babies. ;P
Totally missing my point...I am not saying that people are infantile because they didn't like the movie, hell, I didn't care for it as much as the original, I'm saying that the people who went above and beyond just disliking the film should make people think twice about even getting involved with the franchise. They will turn hard on the filmmakers if the end product isn't exactly what they want it to be. SOME of the reactions to the new Ghostbusters were extreme, inappropriately angry, and made the people who were in the film feel like they weren't safe. And THAT is wrong. I am 100% NOT criticizing people for having opinions, only how they chose to express them.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Monkeypunch is right - regardless of how good (or not) the remake actually was, the outpouring of hatred against it now has to be accounted for whenever there's a new attempt at adding to the franchise and the last thing this movie needs to do is bend over backwards for the people who hated the remake Because Women (and throwing the people who did like it under the bus in the process). Not doing just that is the absolute least a new movie could do.
I'm of the opinion that they should at least keep inspired in the realm of the original and if they're going to try new things, not to make it a social campaign with silly press tours. I'm not sure which came first, the hate or the interview where they were basically saying that they were funnier, but, even though I'm sure it was tongue in cheek, there was some baiting happening, and that baiting made it about a sex war. Last time I checked, the original GB wasn't trying to make any point on saying that men were funnier than women, lol. There's no reason to even try and be controversial about Ghostbusters. A good movie is the absolute least they should do, imo.

This might just do nobody any good.
Obviously, one of the kids from Stranger Things will be in this, but also Carrie Coon (!)

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/g...gs-1203153292/

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Annie Potts might be returning as well as Janine. She announced it on the news.

Welcome to the human race...
Aykroyd's definitely figuring out a way to re-animate Ramis at this rate.

Feels nothing like the original Ghostbusters, but it looks intriguing somewhat.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

A system of cells interlinked
Really liking the nostalgic 80s vibe of the trailer. Looking forward to this one!

Welcome to the human race...
Wrong thread. I can move this post over to the 2016 remake thread if you wish.
It's...the same thread? Maybe these movies should've gotten separate threads in the first place instead of just getting mashed together into some nebulous "Ghostbusters 3" thread that just got renamed anyway.

Still, this is a comedy franchise so shying away from the humour in the first trailer in order to play up more of an adventure vibe is...really not promising.

A system of cells interlinked
Still, this is a comedy franchise so shying away from the humour in the first trailer in order to play up more of an adventure vibe is...really not promising.
Fair point. Actually...kinda curious how the original trailer for Ghostbusters played, and if they leaned into the comedy before that film's initial release. I can't recall that trailer, so I may dig it up and give it a quick peep.

I'm excited to see this one.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
This is the Ghostbusters' movie? We gonna roll out the senior citizens at the end in a team-up with the new generation. No wonder they all did it, they probably only had to shoot for a week. *sigh*