The New AND Improved MoFo Top 100 Films of All-Time

→ in
Tools    

Sorry about the stats. I do plan on releasing them at some point.

Also, hope you don't mind but I was planning on organizing the next list.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm cool with it. I was just volunteering in case you didn't want to.

I'll be looking forward to seeing some of the stats. Not trying to rush you, but i get antsy some times.

I will add it to my ever growing list. It looks since I even have joined this website my list to visualize movies is growing and growing.

Top Directors (Most Films on List):

STEVEN SPIELBERG
(Schindlers List, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Jaws, Saving Private Ryan, Raiders of the Lost Ark)

MARTIN SCORSESE
(Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, The Departed, Raging Bull)

STANLEY KUBRICK
(2001: A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange, Dr. Strangelove, The Shining)

ALFRED HITCHCOCK
(Rear Window, Vertigo, North By Northwest, Psycho)

Best Picture Winners That Made the List:

Casablanca (1942, Curtiz)
All About Eve (1950, Mankiewicz)
Lawrence of Arabia (1962, Lean)
Midnight Cowboy (1969, Schlesinger)
The Godftaher (1972, Coppola)
The Godfather, Part II (1974, Coppola)
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975, Forman)
Dances with Wolves (1990, Costner)
Silence of the Lambs (1991, Demme)
Unforgiven (1992, Eastwood)
Schindler's List (1993, Spielberg)
Forrest Gump (1994, Zemeckis)
Braveheart (1995, Gibson)
Titanic (1997, Cameron)
American Beauty (1999, Mendes)
Gladiator (2000, Scott)
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (2003, Jackson)
Million Dollar Baby (2004, Eastwood)
The Departed (2006, Scorsese)

Top 5 Actors/Actresses (Most FIlms on List):

ROBERT DENIRO
(Taxi Driver, The Godfather: Part II, Goodfellas, Heat, Raging Bull)

HARRISON FORD
(Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Tmple of Doom, Blade Runner)

JACK NICHOLSON
(One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Shining, The Departed, Chinatown)

MORGAN FREEMAN
(The Shawshank Redemption, Se7en, Unforgiven, Million Dollar Baby)

KATE WINSLET
(Titanic, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Sense and Snesiblity, Quills)

TOP TEN FILMS THAT JUST MISSED THE LIST:

1. Alien (1979, Scott)

2. Donnie Darko (2001, Kelly)

3. The Goonies (1985, Donner)

4. GIngersnaps (2000, Fawcett)

5. Star Wars Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi (1983, Marquand)

6. Zodiac (2007, Fincher)

7. Crouching Tiger, HIdden Dragon (2000, Lee)

8. Scarface (1983, De Palma)

9. The Graduate (1967, Nichols)

10. On the Waterfront (1954, Kazan)

It's good to see that On the Waterfront was oh so close. It would probably get my vote the next go around as well. I love the statistics. Love the love that Hitchcock got as well. Great job!

In a weird sense, Clint Eastwood was a part of 4 movies in the MOFO Top 100. He acted in Unforgiven, Million Dollar Baby and The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. He also directed Mystic River (as well as the previously mentioned Unforgiven and Million Dollar Baby).

Ehh, I know it's only mid April, but when can you start sending in your Top 100 list for the 2011 MoFo Top 100? I'm asking, because I'll actually send in a list this time. Will the countdown start late July - early August again or...?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You only send in a Top 25, but I don't think there is any scheduled redo planned as of yet.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Great list and great thread. Since arriving here I've been reading a few pages at a time and just got through it. I was particularly entertained by the fact that after every reveal it sparked a big arguement and a back and forth of "Too high!" and "Too low."

I've only seen just over half of the films on the list (still lots to catch up on! ), and have another 20-25 available to watch either on DVD or recorded from TV so will hopefully get a lot more seen soon

Have begun very early work on a top 100 list, not sure if I'll be ready to submit a top 25 for the next list or not. Would like to see a lot more 'classic' films first

Just out of interest has there ever been any talk of having something like a veto vote? As well as your 25 top movies you can choose a movie or two you don't like and they lose a couple of points or 5 points from their score.

Perhaps it doesn't represent the celebration and love of film this list appears to be but could be fun.

Great list and great thread

Indiana Jones of course! That movie was so good! But now, i would say they're not good anymore! Resident evil is my choice and that's final

I can send in as many as 50, no more than that though. Still, I kinda love the way the list is right now.

I can send in as many as 50, no more than that though. Still, I kinda love the way the list is right now.
I am in the process of extending my list to 75 movies. Looking back at my old list, which i made a year ago, i realised my movie taste has changed quite a lot. For instance, the new list has fewer 'classic hollywood' movies and more foreign ones.

I really should make a new one, in just a few months the bottom 15 of my old one has basically dropped off and a lot of films have moved down in favor of ones that i've seen recently. I think i'll wanna rewatch the top 5 or so first, though.

thanks... this post is great! Thanks... my prob is solve now thnx everyone

The Matrix is such a great flick. Already 11 years later and we're still talking about it. What a buzz I had the first night I went to see it.