why hate?

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Not really. It’s pretty simple to remove ourselves from it.
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with Creating a separate thread like you suggested earlier, But I can’t speak for Yoda.

Just because it's his website doesn't mean he can dictate reality.
This response is nonsense. Saying "this discussion doesn't belong in this thread" is not "dictating reality." The "call" CR is talking about is about board management, not determining what words mean. I can only assume this response is totally off-the-cuff because scrutinizing it for even a moment should reveal how little sense it makes.

I'm closing this thread.

Not really. It’s pretty simple to remove ourselves from it.
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with Creating a separate thread like you suggested earlier, But I can’t speak for Yoda.
Yet, you just went another step down the rabbit hole.

Do you have any idea how easy it would be for me to get this thread locked? I do it at least once a year, unintentionally. All I do is pursue the natural evolution of the conversation and Yoda locks the thread for being, "Off topic." A few times I've even continued the conversation through PM's with the person I was talking to after Yoda locked the thread. Most notably, with Mr.Minio because he gets my wavelength, and we've both complained to each other about how un-fun Yoda can be in that regard. Once or twice he thought we were fighting, and locked a thread because of it, when we actually were playing and having fun.

i do not understand why people use the word hate so
much with actors and singers...i mean you do not know
these people. you may not like them as actors or you
may think their movies are not wonderful...but how can
you hate someone you do not know? unless of course you
are a biggot.
sorry but this really bothers me. how would you like to
be one of them and have everyone saying they hated you
and sending hate mail.....
please try to rephrase your posts! thanks
Owning the site doesn't give Yoda the right to ignore the mention of singers, the use of the word hate, hating someone you don't know (like Hitler), etc... All topics objectively derived from the OP and currently being discussed.

Don't worry, even though Yoda is the site owner, he's not infallible and he's willing to have his mind changed. As much as I get in trouble with him, I've also found him to be a much more reasonable person than most people here and had interesting discussions and debates with him. Also, one of the factors that breaks my heart when he so much as considers permanently banning me from this site. I mean, not to mention that one podcast of his I was on, that was so much fun and he was considering inviting me back. Which, I can't even imagine ever doing again in light of my most recent temp ban.

Owning something =/= always being right about that thing.

Hey, what ever happened to the customer always being right, huh? When did it change to the owner always being right and the customer always being wrong? And/or, what happened to the middle ground?

And just because I saw this after the nonsensical post:

Isn't it a thread about hate though?
It's about using the word in relationship to movies/actors/singers. The entire premise is that it's too strong a word for art we don't like. It clearly says this in the OP.

This is another "argument" that would cease to be posted if examined properly for a minute rather than posted reflexively.

All I do is pursue the natural evolution of the conversation and Yoda locks the thread for being, "Off topic."
Wrong. Someone using "Hitler" as rhetorical hyperbole does not mean the "natural evolution of the conversation" is to talk about World War 2.

This is comically obvious, and if you don't understand it, then you don't understand how to communicate. Something which is, frankly, already in evidence from similar incidents in the past.

There aren't going to be any more warnings to this effect.