The MoFo Top 100 Documentaries Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Haven't heard of either of the first two (obviously know of Anne Frank though), awesome that we will have 100 films though

I knew who Anne Frank was. I just forgot what she looked like. Remembering Anne Frank's appearance never seemed all that important to me, ya know? What's it gonna do for my life?

I knew who Anne Frank was. I just forgot what she looked like. Remembering Anne Frank's appearance never seemed all that important to me, ya know? What's it gonna do for my life?
I've never had to put effort in to remember what Anne Frank looked like

I've never had to put effort in to remember what Anne Frank looked like
Well, the Nazis didn't care about her and neither do I.

I am Sexy Hitler, afterall. I don't need to remember faces.

(Shaun Monson, 2005)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0358456/

38 POINTS
2 LISTS
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Both of those movies are unique and disturbing. Hara's is particularly one-of-a-kind except for his other strange documentaries and the recent The Look of Silence. I give #97-100 each
or

Well, I know who had Earthlings on their list.

This countdown is gonna be so boring. I bet hardly anything on my list shows up.

This calls for the rare Judy gong.

I'm not sure I wanna see that army naked.

BTW, there's WAY too much white space underneath that Elton John picture frame, Rodent.

Unsurprisingly, I voted for Earthlings. I just checked my list and I had it at 7.

I probably could have ranked it higher, but I've seen a lot of the same footage they used in other similar documentaries, which hurt my appreciation of it a little. Still, there are some images from it that have haunted me for years.

Why would Joaquin narrate a documentary about Earthlings? He isn't even from Earth.

Why would Joaquin narrate a documentary about Earthlings? He isn't even from Earth.

It's a film about animal cruelty. Phoenix has been a vegan since he was a child.

Is it about slaughtering animals for food? I've seen videos of that on Youtube and I had trouble eating meat for awhile after that.