Raised by Wolves (Ridley Scott, HBO)

Tools    

Not a sci-fi fan, but might take a look at this. What is the actress’s name? I don’t recognize her.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I don’t know if I was conditioned at a young age, but his aesthetic makes me feel at home. This looks weird, time will tell if it’s “good” weird.

Hopefully it’s not a bad sign that this flew under the radar. One of the biggest names in Sci-fi, making an exclusive for a fledgling streaming platform and this is the first we hear about it?

After watching the trailer a 2nd time...If he ties this in to the Alien universe 🤯🤬🤯

I know I heard the Alien nasal staccato growl at the end...

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I don’t know if I was conditioned at a young age, but his aesthetic makes me feel at home. This looks weird, time will tell if it’s “good” weird.

Hopefully it’s not a bad sign that this flew under the radar. One of the biggest names in Sci-fi, making an exclusive for a fledgling streaming platform and this is the first we hear about it?

After watching the trailer a 2nd time...If he ties this in to the Alien universe 🤯🤬🤯

I know I heard the Alien nasal staccato growl at the end...
That's just weird, man.
I blame Terry Gilliam for my childhood. Not that he's my father, mind you. More, my adopted televised nanny-man.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Not weird unless you make it weird.

The Adventure Starts Here!
This looks fascinating. And is this really a "fledgling" streaming service, though? It's just HBO GO rebranding itself somewhat. Will definitely give this a watch.

The trick is not minding
That's just weird, man.
I blame Terry Gilliam for my childhood. Not that he's my father, mind you. More, my adopted televised nanny-man.
It’s not weird unless you make eye contact with him.....

This looks fascinating. And is this really a "fledgling" streaming service, though? It's just HBO GO rebranding itself somewhat. Will definitely give this a watch.

IT's FLEDGLING!!!!! K?!?

I say "fledgling" because it has nowhere near the penetration rate as Netflix, Hulu or Amazon. I get that it's still HBO, but it's nowhere close to the big boys yet. All reports indicate that people aren't gravitating towards it like having 8 standard HBO channels to browse on a cable service.

I say "fledgling" because it has nowhere near the penetration rate as Netflix, Hulu or Amazon. I get that it's still HBO, but it's nowhere close to the big boys yet. All reports indicate that people aren't gravitating towards it like having 8 standard HBO channels to browse on a cable service.
Ah, okay. Makes sense. Yeah, I see the streaming services such as HBO Max, Starz, and Showtime as just offshoots from their broadcast counterparts and don't really compare them in my mind to larger services such as Netflix, Prime, or Hulu.

You ready? You look ready.
HBO MAX sounds like the bigger bottle of liquor you get at a Costco.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Streaming Meow!

Cuz some of us don’t up sign for notifications

I watched the first episode just now. It's easily understood -- you're given the information about the story world as you need it, even though you're dropped into the story with both feet. You start at the logical beginning, though, so it's a smooth transition into its world. It has great potential to be really terrific, but I have a few tiny concerns that they could end up branching off into tropes. Cautiously optimistic. I won't say any more at this stage...

Definitely seems binge-able. In fact, I know I'll be watching at least one more episode today/tonight.

Weird huh? Three episodes are already available. Didn't this start tonight?
Yeah, I saw something that said the "premiere" would be the first three episodes and then a new episode every Thursday.

Yeah, I saw something that said the "premiere" would be the first three episodes and then a new episode every Thursday.

This is so TRIPPY!!

ep 1

I didn’t need any help queuing up Danzig in the back of my head and then she starts in with her sh__ 😄

I don’t know who gets the credit, but those expressions make my skin crawl. I don’t know how you direct that.

Ad nauseam: Just keep pouring that RS sci-fi aesthetic in my brain 🥳

Campion(?) has to be 11’s little brother. Never got a chance to hear him say, “Pa-paa”.

This is so TRIPPY!!
HBO wants to keep these shows in the conscious for longer than Netflix, who can probably never put that genie 🧞*♂️ back in the bottle.