The Sinner

Tools    

Set to air on USA August 2. The show is based on the novel by Petra Hammesfahr. "A young mother tries to find out what's causing her to have violent tendencies." - IMDB

A system of cells interlinked
I gave this a shot last night, watching the first two episodes in the mini-series. I liked certain aspects of it, but a lot of the characterizations were cliche and over-used. Good production values, but I have never been a Jessica Biel fan, and this reinforced that feeling. I did like some of the more subtle aspects of the investigation, and the fact that you directly witness the crime, think you know exactly what happened, but then then subtle details start to emerge that change the viewers perspective. Good, not great.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I havent heard of it, and the trailer is geoblocked. Why do they do that *shaking fist*

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Now that I've finished the crown going to give this a go.

I just recently became aware of this show. Gave it a whirl. I am so glad I did. I was completely glued to the tv the entire time. You just felt like you were going deeper and deeper down the rabbit whole. I binge watched the entire show in 2 days. It was really good. Reminded me a bit of True Detective.

P.s. I liked Jessica Biel in it, although, I have now heard from about half a dozen people (all women) how they find her irritating. What is it with other women and Jessica Biel??? Hmmm...

Was rewatching this last night, season 2 (Julian). Don’t know how many people here have seen it, but
WARNING: spoilers below
why the **ck does Vera start lactating out of nowhere? Are we supposed to think she’s had a recent abortion? I find it bizarre that for a fairly meticulous show in terms of plotting, no one would address such a significant point - and we even have a female character (Bess?) admitting it’s weird, and that it doesn’t ‘work like that’?