The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh

→ in
Tools    

Nice to see the 80s as the main supplier on most peoples decade breakdown. I have a feeling this list will kick the first lists 4ss big time.

Nice to see the 80s as the main supplier on most peoples decade breakdown. I have a feeling this list will kick the first lists 4ss big time.
Hopefully this list has it's fair advantage with having a different movie in each spot instead of Star Wars with 2 spots, Godfather taking up 2 spots, Indiana taking up 2 like in the 2010 list. One of each would make the list look special imo.

A system of cells interlinked
It's very close to me, almost to the point of being interchangeable. However, things get more controversial when we get to my #3 SW film, which is currently Rogue One

That is probably my #3 as well, and I would add that many of my friends would rank it the same...

Hopefully this list has it's fair advantage with having a different movie in each spot instead of Star Wars with 2 spots, Indiana taking up 2 and etc. One of each would make the list look special imo.
My prediction; 2 Indys, 2 Frodos and just 1 Terminator.

That is probably my #3 as well, and I would add that many of my friends would rank it the same...

That's actually my brother's #1. I'm gonna have to watch it again sometime.

My prediction; 2 Indys, 2 Frodos and just 1 Terminator.

Probably 2 godfathers too lol. One is plenty I think so you let other movies shine on the list as well.

Me3, including the friends part. What's more uncommon is I have ROTJ as #2.

Me3, including the friends part. What's more uncommon is I have ROTJ as #2.

My wife is a big fan of this one, but I would probably place it at # 4. I have a love/hate relationship with RotJ.

Two of Thief's films made my list. Holy Motors almost made it, but it was in my top 30 sadly, so I couldn't rank it. It hurt to leave it out, but I can't include everything I like in there. There's too many great films out there.

My wife is a big fan of this one, but I would probably place it at # 4. I have a love/hate relationship with RotJ.
I get that, I'm in the 'love' phase right now. I think Sarlacc Pitt, Ewoks, Final form Luke, lightsaber duel and Vaders final scene make up for the dated scenes I admit it has.

There's too many great films out there.
This. I waffled on many films as I compiled my list, while also vacillating back and forth between just listing favorites, or adopting a more clinical approach while attempting to put myself in a more objective frame of mind. In the end, I ended up sort of splitting the difference, leaning into my favorites while still trying to consider technical achievement and prowess when I could. Looking at the list again, perhaps the favorites thing ended up winning out a bit more than objectivity.

There's too many great films out there.

Yeah, but at some point we may be able to do customized lists here. I'd really love to exchange mine with the people here because Letterboxd's staff is very against forums for some dumb reason and the RYM film forum isn't very active, not like the music one.

Yeah, but at some point we may be able to do customized lists here. I'd really love to exchange mine with the people here because Letterboxd's staff is very against forums for some dumb reason and the RYM film forum isn't very active, not like the music one.
You can right now! Top of the Lists page:

https://www.movieforums.com/lists

Still newish, kinda in beta. Mostly just need to sit down and re-do that area to accommodate it. Please, by all means, test it!

You can right now! Top of the Lists page:

https://www.movieforums.com/lists

Still newish, kinda in beta. Mostly just need to sit down and re-do that area to accommodate it. Please, by all means, test it!

I'll play with the decade breakdown of my list...

1940s: 3
1950s: 4
1960s: 3
1970s: 4
1980s: 4
1990s: 4
2000s: 1
2010s: 2

Two non-English language titles

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Two of @Thief 's #26-50 list made my ballot. I'm sure everyone who knows me even a little bit can guess one, the other isn't as obvious.

I think I have 9 foreign films (assuming it refers to the spoken language being other than English), but I'm not sure if two of them should really count or not.

20's - 1
30's - 2
40's - 1
50's - 4
60's - 2
70's - 5
80's - 6
90's - 4

Kind of surprised with four films from the 50's as I always considered that kind of a weak decade for film and I haven't seen too many films from that era. A little disappointed with the last couple on my list. They're more personal favs than truly great pics. I must have been feeling a little nostalgic when I sent in the list.

is thouroughly embarrassed of this old username.
I'll also do the breakdown thing:

1920: 1
1930: 0
1940: 0
1950: 1
1960: 9
1970: 4
1980: 2
1990: 1
2000: 2
2010: 5

18 non-english films.