Coffee and Cigarettes

→ in
Tools    

Murderous Whirlwind of Wit
Coffee and Cigarettes - 2003 - Jim Jarmusch

From the director of "Down by Law", "Stranger Than Paradise", "Dead Man" and "Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai", comes Jarmusch's newest addition to his already diverse and brilliant filmography.

A collection of short vignettes and conversations among some of the oddest pairings of actors and celebritites all taking part in the comfort of, hence the title, and the verbal paths that extract from this simple premise.

Jarmusch has continued to make these comedic shorts since, I believe 1986. A unique idea, that with some juxtaposing individuals, create an atmosphere of hilarity, truth and dysfunction.

Some might have already had the pleasure of seeing C&C at the prestigous Toronto International Film Festival this past year.

I am looking forward to seeing the GZA and the RZA from the ever popular Wu-Tang Clan paired with the infamous and brilliant Bill Murray. Other actors include Steven Wright, Steve Buscemi, Alfred Molina, Cate Blanchett, The White Stripes, Roberto Benigni and more.

Slated for a limited release date of this Friday, April 2nd, 2004, I highly recommend taking in Jarmusch's next shot at some well deserved recognition.

www.coffeeandcigarettesmovie.com

Check it out and please let me know what you guys think.

peace!

Radio Raheem

"Don't believe the HYPE!"

I've been anxious to see it as well.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I am having a nervous breakdance
Yeah, me too. I've seen one of two of those old shorts and they were brilliant like most things by Jarmusch.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Put me in your pocket...
I'm eager to see this one also. The cast looks terrific.
Thanks for the website Raheem.

Does anyone know when it will be released?

Sounds like my mom's life!All she doe is smoke and drink coffee!If they ever want to make a plot they should have her in this movie!
Anyway on topic I would say this movie sounds interesting but I never heard of it before!
, Is it still at the movies?See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

I saw this at a special "Mystery" Sneak Preview a few weeks ago at the Florida Film Festival, and it was absolutely hilarious. A friend of mine, and I went and we had no idea what it was going to be and it was this. I had no idea who Jim Jarmusch was until that night, althought I had seen Ghost Dog, and I am now convinced he's a genius. The conversations these people have in the movie are so weird and funny that you can't help just wanting to join in with them. Also I have never been to a movie in a theater where the audience was actually applauding at the opening credits alone, because the names of the people involved are impressive to say the least (Bill Murray, Cate Blanchett, Jack and Meg White, Alfred Molina, Iggy Pop, etc.)

Every segment is funny, but my absolute favorite involved Alfred Molina and Steve Coogan. These two guys are great together, and they genuinely looked like they were having fun, and that energy played off on the audience very well.

The fact that Jarmusch has created an entire movie where people are just sitting around tables, drinking coffee, smoking cigarettes, and talking, and is one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time is a testament to how talented he and every actor involved are. If this comes out anywhere near you go see it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Murderous Whirlwind of Wit
I am anxious to see it though it has been pushed back until May here North of the border. In regards to your testament of JJ being a genius, you should take the time to watch "Down By Law", "Stranger Than Paradise" and "Dead Man."
You are very fortunate to have seen it already, and again I envy that you are one step ahead.

peace!

RR

"Don't Believe the HYPE!"

Bug Planet Proximus
i cant wait to see this movie!
its been a while since ive been so anxious to see a movie that i repetetively re-watch the trailer.
i still cant get over Rza and Gza's accents and how they always call Bill Murray, 'Bill Murray'.

when will it ever get here? damn Australia is holding me back from my movie viewings.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by projectMayhem
Every segment is funny, but my absolute favorite involved Alfred Molina and Steve Coogan. These two guys are great together, and they genuinely looked like they were having fun, and that energy played off on the audience very well.
I just saw this and I agree Project...Alfred Molina and Steve Coogan was my favorite also. I loved the way Alfred stumbles over is own speech because he's so excited...and Steve's facial expression's put a smile on my face (he's adorable).

My next favorite was Cate Blanchett playing the duel cousin role. She's great as both odd characters. I also have to say she looks great as both a blond and a brunette.

I also liked Renee French in her quirky bit...and the two old men in 'Champagne'. Parts of the Iggy and Tom vingnette I liked....the fact that they felt they could have a smoke because they've already quit was fun.

T'was fun.

Thanks a lot, no, seriously, thank you. I'm broke now, I was pretty much broke, but now I'm officially broke. But I have a new movie on it's way to my house.

A system of cells interlinked
I have only seen Dead Man as far as Jarmusch films are concerned, but I have seen it many times

C & C going on the list....

history *is* moralizing
yep, Cate was real great, she had done the same kinda thing in Shipping News though, i think i remember.

Earlier today (this very day) I had purchased Coffee and Cigarettes, however never seen the film before hand. But having heard nothing but sweet sweet praise for the film I descided to go ahead and splurg. This very evening I spoke with a friend about the movie quoting I had seen the movie before hand (which was a lie). My friend eventually discovered my deceit and became very angry at by betrayal of his trust. So to undo the wrong I have commited I immediatly began to watch the film. Now that I have truely seen the film I can now see what the hype was all about. So to Glen I am truely sorry for my act of false self gloating. As a final note ALFRED MOLINA I hail to thee!

motivationally deficient
jack and meg white and the tesla coil is really good. can they be any more random?.

Originally Posted by Sedai
I have only seen Dead Man as far as Jarmusch films are concerned, but I have seen it many times

C & C going on the list....
Add Stranger Than Paradise and Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai as well, bro. I like Dead Man quite a bit, but the other two are better in my opinion.

I keep forgetting that this is a title I wish to see. Next week for sure.