Super Mario Brothers: a flop or a good movie?

Tools    

The movie which came out on my birthday I thought was pretty good. So I was wondering how you guys thought of this movie!
Do you think it sucked or were you ok with it?
See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

If you can look past the one thing that made people not like this movie, which was it was nothing like the game, even though the game had no story that could be made into a good movie, it was a fun, goofy, movie to watch.
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

This belongs in the general discussion forum.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

i think this movie sux so much. i jus couldnt look past all the problems with it.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Fall-from-Grace
If you can look past the one thing that made people not like this movie, which was it was nothing like the game, even though the game had no story that could be made into a good movie, it was a fun, goofy, movie to watch.
My daughter was at first a little disappointed that the Princess didn't look the same (blonde) as in the game. And, as you said Grace the story wasn't like the game...but I've watched it with her several times...and once she got past those things she (as well as my son) really enjoyed the movie. I thought it was a fun family movie.

I wish they would me another Super Mario Bros. movie....there really isn't much out there for the kids to watch if they don't like the one or two seasonal movies' that are out for them.

Well hello Mr. Fancypants
The trouble is with such a movie is that the game is so bizarre that it would be impossible to release a movie completly faithful to the game. even so the movie still sucked. It was weird, coz although there were differences it still did have the mario feel i think. Most movies based on games nowadays kinda suck but this one totally sucked. I watched it a few times but couldn't like it no matter how much i tried.

"if i had the words i would say... HOLY CRAP!!"

You ain't leadin nothin but two things right now... jack and sh*t... and jack left town"

I thought it was crap.

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
I never had interest in the film. The majority of the people that saw the film [including this place] say it was bad.

An American In Paris ****/*****
Once Upon A Time In China *****/*****
Father of the Bride ****/*****
Spartacus *****/*****
The Hidden Fortress ****/*****

You can view my review for each of those films at T-850's Reviews

Very crap film.

I can understand you guys thinking it was bad and that it sucked but after watching it a couple of times that is when I starting liking it.
Maybe I am abit strange or something?(You guys don't have to answear that!)anyway anyone notes that all movies base on games flop?
The answear is why?Anyone know?Maybe because it did so good as a videogame that you can't really make a video game a movie?What do you guys think?See you around!JM
PS: I was going to ask you to grade it but I think I know what most of you would give it!Me I would give it two stars!

luigi and mario are cast well, the rest are $hit. terrible script

definitely a flop! that movie was one of the ****tiest i have ever seen!

I saw it when i was younger i quite enjoyed it, but looking back it is pretty crap.
One for the kids methinks.

wicky wicky
flop, but i thought the boots kicked ass

Messenger from Hades' Gate
I EXPECTED to hate this movie, but I loved it! In fact, I got ticked off when they didn't get the same guy to do Mario's voice in the future games where Mario actually had a voice.