Coronavirus

Tools    

They were doing free drive up tests about 2 blocks from my house so Tuesday my wife went with the dogs. They were home in 25 minutes and she got the results Thursday which were negative. She wants me to go but is there any point if I have no symptoms? I could potentially catch it the day after the test.
Do it for your wife. It’s a very small ask.

corona virus is rising

Definitely not a good day as the Isle Of Man lose their green list status with their first new case in a little over 3 months and Saint Pierre Miquelon's stay on the grey list lasted no longer than a couple of days as they also declare a new case Here's hoping both can recover fully.

Green list:
Macao - 46 cases, all recovered - Jul 18th
Saint Lucia - 26 cases, all recovered - Sep 2nd
Grenada - 24 cases, all recovered - Aug 18th
Saint Kitts and Nevis - 17 cases, all recovered - Aug 10th
Greenland - 14 cases, all recovered - Aug 6th
Falkland Islands - 13 cases, all recovered - May 1st
Vatican City - 12 cases, all recovered - Jun 6th
Anguilla - 3 cases, all recovered - Apr 27th

Grey list:
Djibouti (5,387 cases, 60 deaths) - Sep 1st
Cayman Islands (205 cases, 1 death) - Sep 1st
Montserrat (13 cases, 1 death) - Aug 8th

Almost famous for having nailed Madonna once

Djibouti actually declared a new case but on the same notification sadly also declared a new death and as the 'active cases' count remains at zero one can only assume the two were connected. As such I've merely updated the date that indicates when the country went covid-free.

Green list:

Grey list:
Djibouti (5,388 cases, 61 deaths) - Sep 7th

After all these months, finally found a great mask at Family Dollar. $10 for 5 masks, which is reasonable. They’re made in Vietnam so no Chinese junk & they can be bleach-washed, which is great.

Today I went to the supermarket after 6 long months.

I had confined myself to my neighbourhood, relying on the small grocery stores, which aren't always stocked with everything. But they had the basic stuff like rice, wheat flour, biscuits, tea, etc.

I was called to the bank today to renew my FDs, and decided to visit the supermarket.

I am finally going to have cheese, pizza (homemade), cake (bought ingredients for it so will make my usual chocolate sponge cake) and new T-shirts and a new bedsheet after 6 long months.

That newest GOP aid bill:

It would be funnier if it wasn’t so evil.

“The legislation would provide a series of tax breaks for parents dealing with virtual learning as the virus has shuttered schools in some parts of the country. Parents would be able to use tax-advantaged 529 savings plans for expenses such as books, online materials and licensed tutoring for students. Parents who home school could use the money for educational expenses.”

That’s right. They want you, the responsible forward thinking adult, to rob the coffers of your child’s college education fund. Oh man, I ain’t never seen something so egregious.

No remaining in the grey list this time as Djibouti sadly declare three new cases Hopefully they can return to it before long.

Green list:

Grey list:

More shrinkage as Saint Lucia depart the green list after declaring a new case
And the Grey list is down to just the solitary entry now as the Cayman Islands have declared 2 new cases

Green list:

Grey list:

That newest GOP aid bill:

It would be funnier if it wasn’t so evil.

“The legislation would provide a series of tax breaks for parents dealing with virtual learning as the virus has shuttered schools in some parts of the country. Parents would be able to use tax-advantaged 529 savings plans for expenses such as books, online materials and licensed tutoring for students. Parents who home school could use the money for educational expenses.”

That’s right. They want you, the responsible forward thinking adult, to rob the coffers of your child’s college education fund. Oh man, I ain’t never seen something so egregious.
I don't know what this is but it sounds like a helpful thing. There are a lot of parents being hit hard financially by the pandemic who need the money for their children, and depending on the age of the children, they may need supervision during the day putting the parents in even more of a bind. Plus wouldn't it mostly be the parents who contributed to the fund in the first place? Many people are having a hard time getting by and some have to resort to desperate measures. This sounds a good deal short of those desperate measures. If there's something wrong with this bill then I'm totally missing it, don't care what party it comes from.

It just goes to show how they are out of touch. They had months to work out their differences and come up with a package that would actually help people. Instead, they went home and pretended the issue wasn't real. Now people are worse off than they were before and the GOP wants those people to foot part of the bill for the inadequacies of their party.

As laughable as the democrats $3 trillion request was the GOP bill is just a slap to the face. Doesn't actually do anything and it won't pass. It's just so the people who are in risk of losing their seat can vote yes for it and run ad campaigns about how they tried to help but the democrats blocked them.

I weep for both parties. Gangrene has set in and it's time to chop out the rot.
Or presidents that put kids in cages
America awaits on bended knee
Bad Religion

A system of cells interlinked
I weep for both parties. Gangrene has set in and it's time to chop out the rot.
Is it time for term limits yet, or what?

@Sedai: For real. The Congressman from my district was in office for the first 30 years of my life, and he royally ****ed things up the whole time he was in office. By the end, he was the head of 5 separate committees and they were each a unique sector of society so that he had more power than any one man should. Most people in the district don’t see it that way and most people outside of it don’t know just how bad it got there at the end. Because it was all closed doors bull****.

Dude left behind a sizeable war chest for the next person. It’s just all insane. Imma shut up now.

Excellent news for the green list as Cambodia return

Sadly the Grey list is now completely empty though as Montserrat declared a new case
Green list:
Cambodia - 274 cases, all recovered - Sep 11th

Grey list:

Yay, New Caledonia bounce back into the Green list (again)

Green list:
Cambodia - 274 cases, all recovered - Sep 11th
New Caledonia - 26 cases, all recovered - Sep 12th

Grey list:

Now you see them, now you don't - Cambodia declare a new case and exit the Green list after a mere two-day stay

Green list:

Grey list:

Not sure what's happening in Montserrat, worldometers now has them back at 13 cases with none active so I've reinstated them. Can't see any press realeases from the Montserrat government about the matter and John Hopkins don't have Montserrat listed individually so no double-check can be done. Thus I've reinstated them into the Grey list with their previous date of becoming Covid-free.

Green list:

Grey list:
Montserrat - 13 cases, 1 death - Aug 8th

Is it time for term limits yet, or what?
And rank choice voting please.

I really don't think we'd be more efficient with more political parties in the house (Israel)