One Serious Snub

Tools    

Just saw the Oscar nominations and am not happy that Aaron Sorkin did not get a directing nomination for The Trial of the Chicago 7, but I'm pretty sure they're going to make up for it by honoring his screenplay.

Yeah I thought he definitely deserved to be nominated. I think the direction in Trial of the Chicago 7 was better than the direction in Another Round.

For me the thing that's the biggest snub and insult is John Carpenter doesn't have an honorary Oscar. All of these little indie movies are being funded by the independent horror industry which was heavily established by John Carpenter and Halloween. The insult to injury here is that Tyler Perry is getting a special Oscar. ..

except for Samuel L Jackson

Speaking of the Oscars, when are we putting in our Oscar picks, @Yoda ?
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

The picks pool was up about 25 minutes after the announcements! I put it in the initial thread and Shoutbox and I think one other place, I just don't start bombarding people with popups and stuff in the header right away, usually. I'll probably add the infamous Golden head guy soon, though.