Hotseat! Grill a MoFo: Miss Vicky

Tools    

Are you smitten with her? You sound like Hannibal Lecter interviewing Clarice about her past when you're all like, "you're very frank."

Must you always steal my thunder!

Hell yeah. Parrots can be really aggressive and their beaks are amazingly powerful. Rollercoasters are fun.
Used to have a picture somewhere of me with parrots all around me, on my shoulders, arms, etc. I think I even once posted it to this site. I don't know if I still have it anymore, in any form.

Used to have a picture somewhere of me with parrots all around me, on my shoulders, arms, etc. I think I even once posted it to this site. I don't know if I still have it anymore, in any form.
Sounds like a nightmare to me. I used to like parrots when I was a kid, but having dealt with them at work has shown me their true colors, so to speak. I also have a friend who has parrots and hers scare me too.

I know they can be ******** because when I was a kid, we had one. It was a female green parrot -- small one -- and that thing never liked me. It would fly at me and try to attack me. Mom thought it was probably because the bird had lived most of its life (it was an old parrot) with a woman who lived alone and the bird probably didn't like kids (the bird was comfortable with my mother). That thing used to hiss at me and go nuts trying to get me, but sometimes it would sit on my shoulder (and poop, the damn thing).

It was like Tacitus in bird form.

I know they can be ******** because when I was a kid, we had one. It was a female green parrot -- small one -- and that thing never liked me. It would fly at me and try to attack me. Mom thought it was probably because the bird had lived most of its life (it was an old parrot) with a woman who lived alone and the bird probably didn't like kids (the bird was comfortable with my mother). That thing used to hiss at me and go nuts trying to get me, but sometimes it would sit on my shoulder (and poop, the damn thing).
So, you don't only upset people but birds as well, and a disruptive influence on this forum, I may have to change my vote..

So, you don't only upset people but birds as well, and a disruptive influence on this forum, I may have to change my vote..
Quiet, Hannibal, or I'll take away your drawings.

Name 5 actors you would love to meet, and why. What would you want to do to, or with them?

Bruce Campbell. The man’s just awesome and funny. I’d just like to spend a day with him.
Just thought I'd share that this part is going to change. Not going to spend the day with him, obviously, but my friend is taking me to the Sacramento Comic Con this Saturday and bought me the Bruce Campbell VIP Experience.

Every time someone mentions Bruce Campbell I get sad because my old man interviewed him years ago and they had an awesome conversation about independent filmmaking and the industry in general, and I can't find the recording of it anywhere.

I saw Bruce Campbell in person before back in 2002 at a horror movie convention. He and several of the actresses from The Evil Dead spoke about the movie and they even acted out scenes from it. I sat near him and watched. I wish I could say it was the time of my life, but since I'm not an Evil Dead fan, it was just... interesting and fun without being particularly mind-blowing. I could have went up to him and got his autograph, but again, since Evil Dead doesn't mean much to me, I didn't. I cared more about meeting other actors... but he was attractive and I could have went up to him for that. Another guy I was with, who was gay, used that reason alone to go meet him.

So, when you see Bruce Campbell this weekend, know that Sexy Celebrity was once in close proximity to him years ago.

What's the 'bitchiest' thing you've done lately?
That's a tough call. I do bitchy things all the time. I made a coworker cry not that long ago, but it wasn't really on purpose. I'm not sorry it happened though.

When and why did Gladiator cease to be you're favorite movie?
Circa May 9, 2001. That's when, according to my Amazon.com purchase history, I blind bought Quills on DVD. It actually arrived a few days after that, but I'm pretty sure I watched it right away when it was delivered. The performances in the film blew me away immediately and the story and dark humor are right up my alley. Also, Joaquin Phoenix is really sexy in Quills and not so much in Gladiator. I had no idea who he was when I first saw Gladiator, but I distinctly remember thinking "It's a shame that dude is so damn creepy because he's really talented."

I do still love Gladiator very much and it's a very close second on my list of favorites. It's the movie I've seen most times in the theater (5) and the movie I've bought the most copies of - VHS (which I gave away after my VCR broke), standard release DVD, Extended Edition DVD and, purchased just a few days ago, BluRay. I also used to have a novel of it that was adapted from the film, but I think that got donated at some point or loaned out and not returned.

I had Gladiator on VHS back when it first came out. I liked it at the time and watched it several times, but it was never a favorite of mine and I don't enjoy watching it anymore. It's too over the top for me, but then again it's been like ten years since I watched it. I don't even really know how I feel about it anymore. It's probably my least liked Ridley Scott film. It's also the favorite film of one of my closest friends.

Also, that is hilarious that you made a coworker cry. I made a coworker cry once. We were having a really intense discussion about philosophy and religion and I didn't even realise how harsh I was being. The coworker was actually somewhat of a friend, we hung out a few times outside of work, so I really wasn't trying to be mean to her. That was quite a while ago though, like 8 years. In the past 2 years I significantly contributed to two volunteers quitting because I was just too critical and intense about my own personal beliefs. I was talking about doing the most passionate thing I could think of with my life, and that was why I could never pursue a "normal" career like being an electrician. The guy, who was an electrician, took it very personally even though I was talking about only myself and it was a hypothetical example. Well I didn't even get a chance to apologize because he just never came back. Another time I was getting way too intense about how people limit themselves. We were talking about Anime. So this guy watched Naruto and I was trying to convince him to watch Akira, but he just had no interest in watching it without even knowing anything about it. I mean he had only "heard of it" before. But yeah... I have had problems like that in the past where I get way too worked up about the things I'm passionate about. If you remember some of those stupid Anime arguments I was involved in while the MoFo Top 100 Animated Films were still in the early stages of discussion. I think I've managed to curb it though. I've been getting along with everyone and not rubbing people the wrong way since my return. At least I hope so...

Hmm... well here's a follow up question...

Why do you think people here label you as a "bitch?" Do you agree? You seem to have embraced it, how do you feel about it?

((P.S. please don't take any offense at these questions. If I was a bit too blunt I apologise. I'm just curious that's all.))