Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Finally getting around to Open Your Eyes.
Over 20 years too late.

When I first heard of it, about w he the remake Vanilla Sky came out, I wanted to watch the original first. Time passes and I forget about it periodically, only to be reminded it still needs to be watched. I just found it on Prime so I’m all out of excuses.

Burn, Witch, Burn (1962)

Over 20 years too late.

When I first heard of it, about w he the remake Vanilla Sky came out, I wanted to watch the original first. Time passes and I forget about it periodically, only to be reminded it still needs to be watched. I just found it on Prime so I’m all out of excuses.
Big fan of Vanilla Sky. When i first saw it, i had no idea it was a remake. It was before my internet days. So i liked the originality of the film. I have had it that way with some films. I watched them maby 15 years before i knew about the original. The films The Vanishing (1993) and Breathless (1983) are the once i am thinking about. Of course i have seen Spoorloos and A Bout De Souffle later, and really like them. I guess the remakes worked well for me, since i had no idea about the older films etc.

I should watch Open your Eyes again, though.

Out tonight. We actually ate out, at r House and took in a sparsely populated movie at the Charles - The Green Knight. It has a talking fox, silent naked giants and a befuddling plot line and a big, scary green knight. It really is a cool movie.

In a weird era, the Middle Ages, nothing is weirder than Gawain and the Green Knight. The Green Knight is a huge guy, all green with a green horse, awesomely threatening. Gawain, one of King Arthur's knights, is ambitious and wants to climb the status ladder. He challenges Greeny, allow one sword hit and then a year and a day later, the Green Knight can do the same to Gawain. Gawain beheads Greenie, but Greenie just picks up his head and puts it back on, and walks away. Gawain knows that he's on the hook for next year and has no idea how to put his own head back on.

How does Gawain spend the year? Fall in love? How does the aging King Arthur feel about all of this? It's a very complicated plot that at least follows some of the original epic poem by an unknown author. I like all this medieval weirdness and the movie version does it pretty well. The movie has excellent imagery, compelling characters and, such a weird plot line, just the thing for middle ages fans.

Train to Busan (2016)

Blood Red Sky (2021)

I need a hyphen in there.
Everything looks like a video game in this film so far.
I don’t know what it is, but the
WARNING: spoilers below
sacrifice-yourself
approach to endings is beginning to exhaust me. Reminiscent of Stowaway, this thing, and not in a good way.

Over 20 years too late.

Ooh, I think this is so much better than the Tom Cruise vehicle, and the song by Onion, too. Hope you enjoyed.

The trick is not minding
Ooh, I think this is so much better than the Tom Cruise vehicle, and the song by Onion, too. Hope you enjoyed.
Oh, I was thoroughly engrossed by it. Fantastic movie!

Fear Street Part One: 1994