Distractions - Pizza Joints?

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Really craving that pizza atm. gah. next Saturday maybe. Or Sunday if they're open. I'm supposed to be driving back then.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I don't eat wheat, so we buy the cauliflower pizza crusts from WalMart, then hop them up. I'll get resentment for this...

I've seen the pizza with cauliflower pizza crusts in the supermarket, but I haven't tried it. Do you buy that because you like it, or because you can't eat normal pizza crust? Does it taste like a normal pizza crust, or does it taste like cauliflower? Would you recommend it?

Pizza Den.

All you can eat buffet. Pan style.

We used to go to CiCi's for their all-you-can-eat pizza and pasta buffet, but between the pandemic and dieting, we haven't been there in a few years. I miss them.

I've seen the pizza with cauliflower pizza crusts in the supermarket, but I haven't tried it. Do you buy that because you like it, or because you can't eat normal pizza crust? Does it taste like a normal pizza crust, or does it taste like cauliflower? Would you recommend it?
I don't eat cereal grains, so to eat pizza every week the wife gets the cauliflower pizzas, and hops them up.

No, you can't taste the cauliflower. There are several different brands, and I don't know which one is the best that she gets. The dough consistency is not as pliable as is wheat dough, but it's remarkably adequate. After all, most people buy pizza for all the toppings, so that's the important part...

When I ate regular pizza, New York style was my favorite. I think in Italy most make them just with tomato sauce and maybe cheese. Nothing else, unless they've been Americanized.

Took me a while to remember that our favorite pizza place in Manhattan was Original Ray’s Famous Pizza. Everyone there was Albanian & the pizza was fantastic.

I lived at 58th Street between 2nd & 3rd & the pizza joint was maybe 2 blocks east. Cannot find this location though so, presumably, it’s gone. There’s loads of other Ray’s in Manhattan, but never tried them.

I don't eat cereal grains, so to eat pizza every week the wife gets the cauliflower pizzas, and hops them up.

No, you can't taste the cauliflower. There are several different brands, and I don't know which one is the best that she gets. The dough consistency is not as pliable as is wheat dough, but it's remarkably adequate. After all, most people buy pizza for all the toppings, so that's the important part...

When I ate regular pizza, New York style was my favorite. I think in Italy most make them just with tomato sauce and maybe cheese. Nothing else, unless they've been Americanized.

I don't put many toppings on pizza. Most of the time I just like it to have a good sauce and enough cheese, but sometimes I like a good pasta pizza, like mac and cheese pizza, baked ziti pizza, or ravioli a la vodka pizza.

But I rarely add "standard" toppings like pepperoni, sausage, any kind of veggies, etc., so the crust is important to me. (Only the bottom of the pie part. I rarely eat the part of the crust along the back of the slice. That's just for holding the slice.)

I see coupons for cauliflower pizza in the supermarket apps every once in a while, so I might give it a try next time there's an app coupon for it.

I don't put many toppings on pizza. Most of the time I just like it to have a good sauce and enough cheese, but sometimes I like a good pasta pizza, like mac and cheese pizza, baked ziti pizza, or ravioli a la vodka pizza.

But I rarely add "standard" toppings like pepperoni, sausage, any kind of veggies, etc., so the crust is important to me. (Only the bottom of the pie part. I rarely eat the part of the crust along the back of the slice. That's just for holding the slice.)

I see coupons for cauliflower pizza in the supermarket apps every once in a while, so I might give it a try next time there's an app coupon for it.
The cauliflower crusts are not as good as the wheat crusts. If your favorite is a good Italian crust then you probably won't like the cauliflower/rice flour crusts.

Toppings I like are sausage, tomatoes and olives; although I'd still enjoy it sans sausage.

My wife went up to Alaska. Upon her return she said that the two favorite local foods up there were pizza and ice cream!!?

I don't put many toppings on pizza. Most of the time I just like it to have a good sauce and enough cheese …
Same here. The simpler the better. Back in the day in NYC we would have mushrooms on one half, but I wouldn’t do that now.

Same here. The simpler the better. Back in the day in NYC we would have mushrooms on one half, but I wouldn’t do that now.
Agreed. A ton of toppings takes away from the charm of any one topping. I always do theme pizzas.

Agreed. A ton of toppings takes away from the charm of any one topping. I always do theme pizzas.
Explain “theme”.

Explain “theme”.
OK One of the many pizza themes I make is a Mexican theme (as in, inspired by Mexican food). The dough, the sauce, the cheese and the topping are all in sync. I got the idea after making some nachos and though about pizza Like this:

Dough/crust has cornmeal in it and is thinner than I usually make. I pre-bake it a bit crisper too.

Sauce is tomato based but with lots of garlic/olive oil, also balsamic vinegar, oregano of course, Tabasco sauce and some secret ingredients

Cheese is Mexican style like you can buy anywhere already shredded.

Toppings are fresh sliced jalapenos and fresh ground black pepper...

...and now I'm hungry

Hawaiian - pineapple/ham
Buffalo Chicken - BBQ sauce/chicken
Cheeseburger - American cheese, hamburger, pickles

These are examples
Ohh...and I wouldn't eat any of those. I'm not a meat eater per say. But yeah those are themes