Favorite Weird Movies

Tools    

I really need to see:

Holy Motors
Pink Flamingos
Gozu
Enter the Void

No, you do not need to see Pink Flamingos. Save yourself and run from that movie.

Gummo, but i do not have a favourite.

Yes Lynch is strange or weird, but the better for it for the most part. But Eraserhead has got to be his strangest.

I would have to put this at the top of my "weird" list. Actually, it's at the top of any list for me, as it's my favorite film, ever (depending on the mood or day, when only Blade Runner usurps the number one position).

Mulholland Drive
(Lynch, 2001)

It's the bomb.

And Just under MD on the weird list:

Inland Empire (Lynch, 2006)

Obviously, Eraserhead and Blue Velvet belong on this list, but I want to try to keep my list a bit varied, instead of a list of great Lynch work.

Southland Tales (Kelly, 2007)

Absurd as well as brilliant. Right up my alley.

Repo Man (Cox, 1984)

Cox's seminal classic. If you haven't seen this, do so, and fast.

City of Lost Children (Juenet, 1995)

Dreamlike, acidic, dystopic... Love it.

More later!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I liked "The World's Greatest Sinner", but as time went on, it moved down to a 6/10

Someone mentioned "A Clockwork Orange". I don't think its weird, but I think its a 10/10

I have a feeling my weird is much different than others' weird, but I'll come back to this later after I go searching my lists.

This mixture of Monty Python and 1984 (although Gilliam claims he has never read it) qualifies as weird (and wonderful)

Ah, my favorite movie of all time. It is beautiful, disconcerting and sublime all at the same time.