Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Care for some gopher?
The Raid 2: Berandal (IND/USA, 2014, Gareth Evans) -

Great cinematography and action sequences but also a slow and not that interesting story.

Unregistered User
La Notte (1961) -

Romeo and Juliet (1968) -

Au Hasard Balthazar (1966) -

Pigs and Battleships (1961) -

Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte (1964) -
+
Victim (1960) -

Take the Money and Run (1968) -

The Guns of Navarone (1961)
+

I think thats my 60's watching all finished. Busy week up ahead so i'll probably not get much of a chance with anymore.

Maps to the Stars 2015

The banality and madness of wealth and fame in show business. I didn't find much here except for terrible and ugly people, but maybe thats the point? Either way I didn't like it.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
If.... (1968)

A fascinating film! The border between reality and fantasy is so thin at certain times... It stars in a similar tone as Death Poets Society but it quickly degenerates into something darker, much closer to Clockwork Orange. McDowell's perfomance is brilliant, I could see CW's "Alex" here sometimes!
Overall it has that feeling I love in a movie, though I never can explain what it is exactly.

(it will probably go higher with more watches)

Son of a Gun 2014

If it wasn't for the cast this would be an Australian made-for-TV movie. That said its not terrible. The main reason I watched it was to see more of Alica Vikander's work.

Sorry for my bad English :p
M 1931 (Fritz Lang)

yesterday i said that every science fiction film owes a lot to metropolis , well today i say that every film-noir and crime movies owes a lot to M , and every filmmaker and cinema in general owes big to Fritz lang !
i only saw this two movies of fritz lang , and it was enough to put him with the best directors of all time!

Get Hard 2015

Terrible but there are a few guilty pleasure laughs to be had if you like Ferrells brand of comedy.

Orange is the New Black season 3 2015

Again not a movie but with Netflix allowing you to binge at your leisure it certainly feels like one.
Season 3 has less big plot turns but doubles down on character exploration. So original and entertaining. Get on it, if you haven't seen it yet.

Bronson (2008)

A very strange, wild, and interesting film based on true events. Tom Hardy stars as Michael Peterson, also known by his fighting name Charles Bronson, who became the UK's most dangerous prisoner.

This fictional biographical drama film feels like it's one half A Clockwork Orange, one quarter One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, and one quarter Fight Club.

I highly recommend it, but I must warn that there is quite a bit of frontal male nudity.

Master of My Domain
The Lonely Wife (1964)

Probably the last film to end up high on my 60s list.

+

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
I kind of gave up watching that one for the 60's list because my watchlist is so big, but I think you made me reconsider again, Gats!

Master of My Domain
Really? I really didn't like it much.

Just curious what your thoughts are.
At first I thought it would be a normal family-based story similar to that of Ozu's entire work, but Sanyajit added various camera and editing techniques to create a wonderful stream of emotions and memories, making a near-perfect film.

I highly recommend it, but I must warn that there is quite a bit of frontal male nudity.
You see, we need these kinds of warnings. Perhaps you could start a thread specifically dedicated to frontal male nudity in film. You would have to look up to see what movies have frontal male nudity in them, and then watch them and report back. You could just watch those scenes and let us know how far into the movie they are, and how graphic it is and things like that. That way, the rest of us would know when to cover our eyes when we watch these movies. Everybody has a thing they do for the forum; this could be your thing.

You see, we need these kinds of warnings. Perhaps you could start a thread specifically dedicated to frontal male nudity in film. You would have to look up to see what movies have frontal male nudity in them, and then watch them and report back. You could just watch those scenes and let us know how far into the movie they are, and how graphic it is and things like that. That way, the rest of us would know when to cover our eyes when we watch these movies. Everybody has a thing they do for the forum; this could be your thing.
can I do it?