Twister...about the bull?

Tools    

Hi everyone. I have a 3 year old who LOVES "bucking" bulls. I have tried so hard to find the movie "Twister" (I think that's the name). It's about a bull that is taken to rodeos. In one part of the movie they try to fly him in an airplane, but is too heavy, so they have to parachute him to the ground. Could anybody please tell me where I can get this movie or if you know of any other movies about rodeos and bull riding, I could get for my son. He already has "8 seconds", bad language for a 3 year old, I know (he even thinks he can get away with saying some of the "bad" words), but he loves the movie. Thanks for the help.

Sorry, I don't know of any truly kid-friendly rodeo flicks, and the one you've described I don't recognize at all.

The only ones I can recommend are not really geared for children, though ultimately I don't know if some are any more or less "adult" than 8 Seconds...
  • Junior Bonner (1973), rated PG
    Starring Steve McQueen, Robert Preston, Ida Lupino, Ben Johnson. It only carries a PG rating, and there isn't a heck of a lot of swearing, but the plot includes McQueen's father (Preston) as a womanizer who cheats on his wife. That's about the worst of it, I suppose. Otherwise, it's a very good little movie about a wayward son coming to terms with his family and finding his way. One of McQueen's best acting roles.
  • "Rodeo Girl" (1980 - made for TV), rated PG
    Starring Katharine Ross, Wilford Brimley, Bo Hopkins, Candy Clark and Jacqueline Brooks. This one is actually very family friendly, as it was a TV movie. It's about a wife of a rodeo performer who gets sick of being a housewife and decides to try rodeo for herself. Sweet flick, and Katharine Ross is good in the lead.
  • Cowboy Up (2001), rated PG-13
    Starring Kiefer Sutherland, Daryl Hannah, Bo Hopkins, Molly Ringwald and Melinda Dillon. A straight-to-video production, it's not too heavy on profanity or sexual situations, and follows two bull-riding brothers travelling the circuit. A pretty average little movie, but a child interested mainly in the riding parts won't mind or recognize the cliches.
  • Last Ride (1994), rated R
    Starring Mickey Rourke, Lori Singer, Rodney A. Grant and Peter Berg. This one does have some rodeo stuff in it, but is cheifly about a bank robbery. And this one is definitely R-rated.
  • Stir Crazy (1980), rated R
    Starring Gene Wilder, Richard Pryor, JoBeth Williams, Barry Corbin and Craig T. Nelson. This one is definitely NOT for the kiddies. It's a raunchy comedy about two innocent men (Wilder & Pryor) mistakenly sent to prison. Once there it turns out Wilder's character is a natural on the mechanical bull, and they get involved with the prison rodeo, which takes up the last chunk of the movie. But this is a comedy for adults. Only.

Other than that, I'd say check your TV listings as ESPN and others do broadcast rodeo events from time to time. Throw in a tape in and catch a few of those to run all the time. That way it'd be nothing but bull riding, and no narratives for a child to follow.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Thanks!! I appreciate it!