'Superman Returns' Teaser Trailer is here!

Tools    

As soon as I heard Singer was trying to connect the movie to the previous films and not distance it and "reinvent" the franchise, I knew he was the right guy for the job.

He's a quality filmmaker and I really doubt he'd make a bad Superman movie. I could be wrong of course but my gut tells me we're gonna be pleased with the film when it comes out.

I checked out the trailer for the new Superman movie and seemed really interesting. Are they using the original Marlon Brando introduction in the trailer, or is a different actor?

Jillian

Ground Control To Major Thom
Originally Posted by pokerjillian
I checked out the trailer for the new Superman movie and seemed really interesting. Are they using the original Marlon Brando introduction in the trailer, or is a different actor?

Jillian
Brando is in 'Returns', using stuff done for Superman II.

Someone needs their fill.
What I don't get is why the departments working on the Superman film said it would be "tough" to cgi a gold shield emblem "S" on the back of his cape (one of the reasons why they decided to put the smaller s on the belt). Isn't it just a texture?

Originally Posted by Reservoir Drought
What I don't get is why the departments working on the Superman film said it would be "tought" to cgi a gold shield emblem "S" on the back of his cape (one of the reasons why they decided to put the smaller s on the belt). Isn't it just a texture?
I didn't know about that, it's a good point.

Im looking forward to the superman movie coming out. Ive always loved all the superman movies that have come out and I love smallville as well. I hope it is really good.
My two fav super heroes are superman and wonder woman, and both of them are coming out in the movies in the near future, something to look forward to for me.

The trailer looks very well paced and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The music really picks up, the scenes show quite a bit of scenery and the cinimatics look fantastic. I'm really excited when both the trailer comes out and finally the actual movie.

Quick question: Did they use original footage/sound of Marlin Brando for the new Superman Returns or did they record it before he died?

The trailer looks very well paced and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The music really picks up, the scenes show quite a bit of scenery and the cinimatics look fantastic. I'm really excited when both the trailer comes out and finally the actual movie.

Quick question: Did they use original footage/sound of Marlin Brando for the new Superman Returns or did they record it before he died?
Original stuff

In the Beginning...
New trailer is up right here.

My thoughts?

I was somewhat hoping for a more pensive, stylish, intellectual look at Superman. The film might be fun, I guess - but Routh still isn't Superman, Spacey looks like he's teetering dangerously close to camp, and the story flat-out sucks.

On a side note, I really like the "Where did you go?" stuff, as it borrows a little from the sentiments in Kingdom Come - something that can bring some much-needed reality to the character. But it doesn't look like Superman will have to "win" many people back before he's off being paper-thin, Johnny Save-the-World.

There are those who call me...Tim.
I hate to say it but that trailer did nothing for me. I'm still going to see the film (curiosity mainly), but I'm still hoping for something to come along before then to really get me excited for this film.

Lets put a smile on that block
I liked it. I was never a fan of the Superman films other than the first. But i like Routh as Superman. I think his gonna fill Mr Reeves holy boots very nicely

The footage/sound is taken straight from Brando for Superman II before he died.

Originally Posted by Sleezy
My thoughts from the other thread:

I was somewhat hoping for a more pensive, stylish, intellectual look at Superman. The film might be fun, I guess - but Routh still isn't Superman, Spacey looks like he's teetering dangerously close to camp, and the story flat-out sucks.

On a side note, I really like the "Where did you go?" stuff, as it borrows a little from the sentiments in Kingdom Come - something that can bring some much-needed reality to the character. But it doesn't look like Superman will have to "win" many people back before he's off being paper-thin, Johnny Save-the-World.

I enjoyed the trailer posted on the other thread. Superman Returns is on my top 5 films to see this summer. As for the story flat out sucking, could you be more descriptive as to why? Do you though, curious, do you understand the whole why he left deal and the literal connection between Superman II?

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by jrs
As for the story flat out sucking, could you be more descriptive as to why? Do you though, curious, do you understand the whole why he left deal and the literal connection between Superman II?
Yes, I understand the connection, and to be honest, I rather like the prospect of Superman getting reamed for leaving, and having to deal with that. But I'm afraid it won't be such an integral part of the film, compared to "an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all," which is largely generic and boring.

Really, I think springboarding from Superman II will make the film really weak. It's just too far removed from that film. I mean, I just don't see anything here that won't be easily forgotten. I'd have much preferred a fresh start with the origin of Superman, and all the trials he faced to become the Man of Steel. That, to me, is where the real strength and heroism lies.

Ok, my friend has been thinking that in the new Superman Returns trailer that Superman may be mind controlled by Lex Luthor. More specifically during the sequence when Superman "appears" to be ripping of a wing of a plane. But I still think that Superman is trying to save the plane and Lois. Anyways, your thoughts?

Originally Posted by jrs
I don't think he's 'mind-controlled'. Ripping off that plane's wing is Superman saving Lois and Jason's (Lois' son) and of course the plane too.
I think he unintentionally ripped it off didnt he? As he was just trying to grab hold of it?

Originally Posted by Escape
I think he unintentionally ripped it off didnt he? As he was just trying to grab hold of it?
Yeah, with it going fast and him grasping hold to save em all.

Originally Posted by jrs
Yeah, with it going fast and him grasping hold to save em all.
Mmm ok. Then it looks like he's diving head first into that lost wing like a bullet through hot butter.

Ooooooooooooh I cant wait for this flick.

I think they are going to an ncredible job! I can't wait.