Stardust

→ in
Tools    

Has anyone seen Stardust? It looks pretty good.

i want to see it!!!

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
this movie is quiet interesting... i also look forward to this movie

trailer here

Saw Stardust. It was ok I guess having to spend $8.00 on it. It had its moments is all I can say. Though the best parts of the picture was with Robert Deniro...He's the one that atually made the film worth watching.

Stardust - C+

I am going to see it tomorrow! I hope it is as good as it looked on the trailer!

I love Eva Green and Helena Bonham-Carter! They are brilliant actresses!

You ready? You look ready.
I seriously thought about reviewing Stardust because I enjoyed it so much. Alas, even if I wanted to now I don't think I'd be able to do so. It's been a while since I saw the film, but it was quite fun. A classic blend of excitement, magic, suspense, and love, came together to exceed my expectations of the film. I would definitely recommend it to fantasy fans and would probably recommend it to just about everyone else, as well.

"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I see it's trailer and that is like Harry Potter movie some kind of sort of magic...But it is very interesting you know...Probably I'm going to see it this weekend...

BANNED
i haven't seen it but my brother told me that it was a good film to watch as he already watched it..

waiting for the golden compass.
stardust looks exciting thou, maybe should go and see it..?

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I saw this last night and was pleasantly surprised. Nice to see a fantasy film that could be enjoyed by all ages - neither too childish nor too adult. With its mixture of swashbuckling, romance and humour it is bound to be compared to The Princess Bride, and if perhaps not quite as amusing, Stardust holds up pretty well. The leads and the costumes were all very pretty, the only wrong note for me was Ricky Gervais and his usual schtick - hopelessly unfunny and severely misjudged. I'd definitely reccommend it.

Yeh, Gervais annoyed me too, completely detracts from the whole film having him pop up in a cameo playing himself, breaks the 'suspension of disbelief'.

Think it had same screen writer as Princess Bride or some crew link to it other than just being similar films.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I meant to mention as well that I enjoyed this in a similar way to Miyazaki films, I think its harder to do fantasy in a live action way but they pulled it off quite nicely.

I REALLY LOVE Fantasy movie such as this!!!.... I enjoy watching magic related shows like sorcery and witchcraft. Even though I still haven't watch this yet I still wish this would be great!!!....

I've yet to see this movie.. my friends said that the movie is really nice..

i didn't like it at all 5/10

I wouldn't count this film among the crowning achievements of the fantasy genre, but it was entertaining for the most part. My wife and I rented it this past week and watched it over the course of 2 nights (it's 2+ hours long and getting 3 kids to bed, blah, blah, blah).

Anyway, the first hour is fairly boring and none too special, all very predictable, etc... In the second half of the movie, we get to see Deniro's performance and it saves the movie in my opinion. Michelle Pfieffer is ok as the evil witch but isn't giving her best performance. So, as fantasy films go, its a middle of the road effort I'd say, but worth a rental.

Founding member of the Divide by Zero Foundation.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system!!

Lets put a smile on that block
I think Stardust is a fantastic film. Its the new Princess Bride for sure. Clare Danes glowing hair gives me goosebumps and makes my heart melt. Wonderful stuff.

For you Brits, in case you didn’t know, the screenplay was written by Jonathan Ross’s wife, Jane Goldman and was based on Neil Gaimans fantastic book.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I've been meaning to rent this, as my sister says it's fantastic. We both love Neil Gaiman's writing, but I haven't read the book Stardust yet, so I've been holding off on the film as to not ruin it. Don't know how much longer I can hold off, cause it has Claire Danes in it, and I love her.

There are those who call me...Tim.
It's one of the nicest gilms I've seen in many months. So nice in fact that it's even got Take That on the soundtrack.

In all seriousness though, it's a really fun film that gets even better once De Niro turns up. I've got to agree with everyone about Ricky Gervais though, what an arse.