Scientology in Hollywood Movie Industry?

Tools    

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Would you believe that theirs a secret cult called Scientology in Hollywood movie industry? I was given a link article by my friend about this news. Honestly I hardly believe that some of this famous celebrity like John Travolta and Tom Cruise would indulge into this kind of organization. Despite of the very hectic schedule they still manage to join this cult? Well it’s their choice, and I don’t know if it’s already proven.

It has been said that a growing number of negative reaction against this cult. Rumors said that celebrities are required to do cult promotion to bring in more members due to this ordinary people are amazed and would simply join in.

WHAT?!? Travolta and Cruise are Scientologists?!? Stop the presses! What a scoop!

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The People's Republic of Clogher
Watch this:

The fast-becoming-infamous BBC Panorama doc on Scientology.

The scene where the reporter loses it and starts ranting at Anne Archer's idiot robotic son is TV gold.

Honest.

A system of cells interlinked
HATE.SCIENTOLOGY

An old friend of mine is currently in prison, put there by a fleet of lawyers hired by the Church of Scientology in Riverside California. Why? They had him labeled as a terrorist and hate crime advocate when he posted directions to their headquarters in Riverside, when he was trying to organize a picket rally.

According to the court reports that I read, and the forum transcript in said reports, my colleague post the directions, to which a few people responded, but, one of the other forum members made a joke that mentioned perhaps launching a shoulder mounted rocket at said facility at said location. The other forum members sort of blew it off, but, the lurking scientologist that watched the board, did not. Since my associate was the organizer of the picket rally, and, he physically showed up at the location, they went after him. The timeline of events up until now is pretty crazy, with the nutso Xenus persecuting the brilliant Mr. Henson right into a federal prison for 6 months. In his current state, in which his health is failing. The 6-month stay could prove fatal.

The character of Mr. Henson, my old babysitter from the 70s? Excellent, and he has led a life of accomplishment, firmly planted in the pursuit of knowledge. He holds several patents for computer subsystem technology he pioneered in the 60s and 70s, and has explored groundbreaking concepts in other fields, such as memetics, cryogenics, and off-world habitats. He was also one of the co-founders of the L5 Society, which later became the national Space Society.

Keith on the wiki...

So, anyway... I am not a fan of this cult of greed, brainwashing, and corruption....

Should I call you Logan, Weapon X?
I had a phase of reading up on Scientology. Its just a money making scheme. Even L.Ron Hubbards son admitted that his father set it up in order to profit.

I went to my local scientology church. When I mentioned the phrase 'space opera' and Xenu the woman kicked off.

Also whenever I asked how much something cost she would always say it depends.

I would hate to live in Clearwater, the HQ of Scientology. The Clearwater police are on a Scientology pay roll.

If interested in ready and watching more there are so great and amusing documentries by Mark Bunker (aka wog) at www.xenutv.com
The BBC documentry should not be watched imo. It was an awful documentry as the BBC reporter wasn't asking the right questions at all. Just kept asking is it a brain washing cult over and over again. Thats not a documentry.

I hate Scientology!

The BBC documentry should not be watched imo. It was an awful documentry as the BBC reporter wasn't asking the right questions at all. Just kept asking is it a brain washing cult over and over again. Thats not a documentry.
It's not a documentary if you're expecting some sort of historical timeline or exposé of Scientology. It's more of an insight into the way they treat a reporter who is attempting an (the BBC say, anyway) uncritical piece. The Scientologists investigate Mark Sweeney just as much as he attempts to investigate them.

Sweeney's Hamletian on-camera demise is the result.

I vaguely remember a more traditional, and less fraught, approach taken by Panorama 20-odd years ago.

Sed - Crikey.

Tell me about it...

I spoke to his wife recently, and this thing has just decimated their lives. I feel so bad for them, and so angry at the Xenu-heads...

Thats funny. All this time I thought Panorama produced documentaries. Maybe because they do. It was a documentary and a very bad one at that.

Thats funny. All this time I thought Panorama produced documentaries. Maybe because they do. It was a documentary and a very bad one at that.
Eh? I'm not gonna labour the point but maybe read my post more slowly. That Sweeney was attempting to investigate Scientology is almost irrelevant. They way that the 'hunter' found himself hunted and pushed so far into a corner that he ended up discrediting himself was where the interest lay.

Now here's the science bit (arf! )

You said - That's not a documentary

I said - It's not a documentary (meaning that the programme didn't meet your expectations of the genre) if you're expecting some sort of historical timeline or exposé of Scientology

Geddit? Anyway, that strand of discussion is rapidly becoming pointless.

Sed - So that guy was your babysitter? I'm seeing where the seeds for your love of Sci Fi were planted.

The only babysitter of mine that I can remember was a teenage girl with an ample chest...

Actually, it was his daughter that babysat me, but he was always around, and he had a massive tesla-coil in his living room that he would fire up from time to time. I would cry like a, well, five year old little boy when that thing lit up...

You said - That's not a documentary
It was an awful documentary as the BBC reporter wasn't asking the right questions at all. Just kept asking is it a brain washing cult over and over again. Thats not a documentary.
Hmmm. I meant thats not how a reporter should go about making a good documentary.

I should have said 'Thats not a good way of making a documentary'.

Anyway I thought it was a kind of boring and pointless programme.

I was really looking forward to it aswell but it kind of reminded me of Big Brother style shouting arguments for 30mins.

I still love the Mark Bunker videos over at xenutv.

a cult huh ??? to each his own.. just don't spew it to me pleaaaaase

Hmmm. I meant thats not how a reporter should go about making a good documentary.

I should have said 'Thats not a good way of making a documentary'.

Anyway I thought it was a kind of boring and pointless programme.

I was really looking forward to it aswell but it kind of reminded me of Big Brother style shouting arguments for 30mins.

I still love the Mark Bunker videos over at xenutv.
Agreed that it wasn't exactly high art. Panorama has bugged me for the past few years as it seems to have been dumbed town to the level of Trevor McDonald (who's actually a top, sweary bloke in person) Tonight. The reason I posted the link was for Sweeney's outburst - not only was it top telly but a very human reaction you don't normally see from 'professionals' in the media.

Originally Posted by Sedai
Actually, it was his daughter that babysat me, but he was always around, and he had a massive tesla-coil in his living room that he would fire up from time to time. I would cry like a, well, five year old little boy when that thing lit up...
I'm sure scientists lure many a lady back to their house with the old "I've got a massive tesla coil, actually" line...

Seriously though, whirring, flashing gadgets would have had me in hog heaven (though, yeah, 5 would have been a few years too young for me too). It was like when my dad bought me a train set - I couldn't be bothered playing with it but loved taking the damn things apart to see how they worked.

I did that with a PVR yesterday so obviously haven't grown up yet.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
While I'm not into Scientology or any other way of living your life based on a novel, such as Gor, I don't really care what anyone else does. This only applies if what they do, is with consenting adults.

Watch what you say or the great Ozmodiar will take your soul to the planet Nesboos where it will be slaughtered by Kackolinchi's.
For real

Ahh... Scientology... the ultimate sci-fi nerd's religion.