Wong Kar-Wai vs Wes Anderson
64.29%
9 votes
Wong Kar-Wai
35.71%
5 votes
Wes Anderson
14 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
The director of Chungking Express, In the Mood for Love, and Fallen Angels vs the director of Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Grand Budapest Hotel, and Isle of Dogs face off in a battle between two of the most aestheticatically pleasing and distinctive directors working today. Whose filmography do you prefer and why?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
No comparison. Wong Kar-Wai blows Wes out of the water.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Wong Kar-Wai

"Whose filmography do you prefer and why? "

The pace, the beauty.

Wong Kar-Wai. I don't really liked any Anderson Films unfortunately.

I quite liked Rushmore at the time but generally Andersons style hasnt held up over time for me, its too safe middle class twee IMHO.

I don't really see him as all that similar to Wong Kar-Wai though, someone like Krzysztof Kieslowski seems like more of a western equivalent to me, maybe Abdellatif Kechiche more recently.

I don't really see him as all that similar to Wong Kar-Wai though

me too.

It's a tough pairing. Malick would probably have been a better pairing. Wai's movies are so artistically shot, it's like a painting. Wes' movies are beautiful to watch too, but not to that level.